Columbia LSMA

LunaSea

On Monday, they told me to call again if I hadn't received anything by Tuesday. So I called again and they said that there was no one to process the letters because of commencement so they won't be sent out until at least the end of the week.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. Rach. Hopefully by the end of this week, then.

I was also told by someone in admissions, before I heard of my admittance over the phone, not to call back until Thursday (tomorrow) b/c of commencement. So, hopefully we'll hear back on Friday...

They said the same thing to me! I FINALLY got ahold of someone yesterday. It was the admin office, and they said the only one who could tell me if I was accepted or not is Madeline Rivera and she won't be in the office until tomorrow.

Remember when we thought we'd know by May 1st? *sigh*

To answer the question if anythings time sensitive, I got the email two weeks ago and it said I had till May 29th to accept the offer. I think if you hear back later the deadline to respond will probably be later. That wouldn't be fair at all if they gave you the same deadline since you would get the acceptance email later.

I emailed Madeline just to confirm that I heard her correctly over the phone, as well as to ask her when we could expect the official email. She emailed me back a few hours later, confirming my name, birthdate, address and acceptance. The emails are expected to be sent by the end of this week; convocations are syphoning IT guys and resources elsewhere, apparently. It's good to have it in writing, though, so I'm happy.

I got accepted !!! Finally! I was so scared.

Madeline said they are sending out the official emails this week. I tried calling her a million times to no avail, but she returns emails quickly.

Congrats everyone, and thank you sooo much for all of your info. Had it not been for this forum, I'd still be in the dark.

Madeline told us to contact her if we don't get the email by the end of this week. But doesn't the email say we have to respond by the end of this week? If we have to put in a deposit by May 29th, we'll need that email before Friday....

For anyone who has received the official email- does it say how we are to respond by the 29th?

Does anyone else find it utterly ridiculous that we still have not received official notification?

I don't know...while I appreciate that we were notified over the phone, I find it unacceptable that it is taking nearly three weeks to resolve this problem. I have a relative in college admissions and she is shocked that this has been such a long process.

I just checked my e-mail and lo and behold, the formal acceptance e-mail sent around 8:30 p.m. today. It's actually an e-mail informing you a decision has been made and to check your online account. The account then has a formal acceptance letter and a link to a form that allows you to accept/reject the offer. Cheers, all!

I got the same email at the same time. They have pushed the deadline to June 15th for us to accept or decline.

I agree with Rach though, this process has been insane. The email says they'll let us know about orientation, registration, etc within the next few weeks. I hope we find out before classes start.

But anyways, congrats future classmates! :)

Question-- if we accept admission in the response form, and somethings comes up-- say, a much desired job offer... does anyone know the cost of declining our admission status later on? Is it still just the initial depository money ($500 or so) or more? The time line would be if I found out three-four weeks from now that I got the job offer... (past the june 15th date). Any ideas? Appreciate the feedback and congrats.