How Much Rent Should I Pay?

ahlatsiawa

I am an international student and will most probably be joining Syracuse in the fall. I have located a nice one bedroom apartment in what appears to be a safe neighborhood (gathering from online reviews) with a monthly rent of ~$650, all utilities included. There are cheaper options available for 450-500 dollars but they are in the shady parts of town with a high crime rate. I just want to live in a safe, quiet place away from noisy undergrads. So have I found myself a good deal or should I keep looking?

Edited by ahlatsiawa

I am an international student and will most probably be joining Syracuse in the fall. I have located a nice one bedroom apartment in what appears to be a safe neighborhood (gathering from online reviews) with a monthly rent of ~$650, all utilities included. There are cheaper options available for 450-500 dollars but they are in the shady parts of town with a high crime rate. I just want to live in a safe, quiet place away from noisy undergrads. So have I found myself a good deal or should I keep looking?

It sounds like a great deal. Definitely go for it. 

likemythesis, overworkedta, m-ttl: Thanks for your input. I think I will go for it. The place is very nice and there's even an outdoor pool. :)

Edited by ahlatsiawa