Jump to content

Coping with being forced to decline your first choice.


Recommended Posts

Reality set in today and I realized I cannot afford to go to my number one choice. $100k in loans is not an option either because my field in not particularly lucrative. Choice #2 is a whopping $60k cheaper. It's still an excellent program but not quite the perfect fit as school #1. I'm really bummed out now. 


Anyone else being forced to turn your first choice? How are you dealing with it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I'm kinda dealing with a similar situation. I'm wait listed at my first choice but I'm second on the wait list which the professor said every single year there are more than two students drop out before August. Even if I don't get in this year I'm guaranteed a spot for next year. Since I'm given a 40% tuition scholarship for my second school so I'm going there instead. I'm still wondering what will be different if I go to my first choice :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use