Still Waiting/Financial Aid Dilemma

musicbiz

So, I am still waiting to hear from NYU, and I need to notify my other schools by Apr 15.  I applied to NYU Early Decision, so I am obligated to go there if they accept me, so I can't just go ahead and accept one of the other schools' offers.  The dilemma is that whichever school I decide on, I am going to need a PLUS loan.  In order to apply for that, I need to have a decision, and without hearing from NYU, I can't make a decision.  I was told that it takes 2 - 3 business days to hear back after applying for the PLUS loan.  That means, I really need to submit my request either today or tomorrow.  I have no idea what I should do.  NYU is saying it could be another week before I hear anything, and I am afraid that if I don't apply for a PLUS loan in time, I won't know which school I can truly afford.  Any advice on this situation would be helpful.  Thanks!

Edited by dlc035

Can you call the loan people and explain your situation and see what they advise? If they can't help you then I'd call NYU and explain the situation and hope they could give you some sort of answer. Chances are, you aren't the only person impacted in a similar way by their late response and they may have received similar calls from other applicants. Good luck!