MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY, UMich or TAMU for CivilEng(MS)

Unless there's a big cost difference or you really, really, really hate snow, you can't go wrong with Michigan.

Thanks for your reply. 

1. I can stand the weather no matter how cold or hot it is.

2. I am a little bit worried about the impact of Detroit, you know, especially safety and living environment.

3.In my opinion, Texas may have more career opportunities, but I am not sure since I am an international student and I have never been to USA, As for UMich, I do not know. 

Could you please give me more reasons to make such a decision? thanx

I don't know much about UMich, but I know a lot of people who went to TAMU for undergrad. It is in a small college town (College Station), so it is fairly safe. There is another small town next to it that is a bit shady (Bryan), but still not that bad. Texas does have a lot of career opportunities, the economy is growing a lot and in my opinion Texas has a lot more internationals than the midwest. Granted, TAMU is not that diverse of a campus. 

Thanks for your reply. 

1. I can stand the weather no matter how cold or hot it is.

2. I am a little bit worried about the impact of Detroit, you know, especially safety and living environment.

3.In my opinion, Texas may have more career opportunities, but I am not sure since I am an international student and I have never been to USA, As for UMich, I do not know. 

Could you please give me more reasons to make such a decision? thanx

Ann Arbor is entirely, entirely separate from Detroit. It's a great college town and a great place to live. It consistently wins all sorts of accolades for being one of the best places in the country to live: http://www.annarborusa.org/live-here/facts-rankings

I agree that Ann Arbor is very different from Detroit. Ann Arbor is lovely, one should not reconsider UMich just because it's in the same state as Detroit.

I don't know much about UMich, but I know a lot of people who went to TAMU for undergrad. It is in a small college town (College Station), so it is fairly safe. There is another small town next to it that is a bit shady (Bryan), but still not that bad. Texas does have a lot of career opportunities, the economy is growing a lot and in my opinion Texas has a lot more internationals than the midwest. Granted, TAMU is not that diverse of a campus. 

TAMU is a big farm, right? at least in my mind

I agree that Ann Arbor is very different from Detroit. Ann Arbor is lovely, one should not reconsider UMich just because it's in the same state as Detroit.

Thanks for help. 

How about the academic there, and the working opportunity for a international student?

Ann Arbor is entirely, entirely separate from Detroit. It's a great college town and a great place to live. It consistently wins all sorts of accolades for being one of the best places in the country to live: http://www.annarborusa.org/live-here/facts-rankings

Thanks for help.

How about the daily cost there? traffic, house, food, in amount or compare with Texas

Thanks for help.

How about the daily cost there? traffic, house, food, in amount or compare with Texas

This is research you may have to do yourself--look at cost of living calculators for both cities. :)

TAMU is a big farm, right? at least in my mind

No, but once you leave the city limits that is all there is. It is about 2.5 hours to Austin, 1.5 hrs to Houston, and 1.5 to Waco. To go pretty much else in the state you have to go through one of those cities because of how the highways are spread. I know a lot of people who loved living in College Station, but as a city girl I would have hated it.

So you may definitely go to Ann Arbor?

I am a little confused that how much do you know about the school, as a native, before enter the school

It seems that both schools are equally ranked for your program. Have you considered which program you like better (ie work that you would be doing, people you would be working with, etc)? 

I would much rather live in the midwest than the south any day.

It seems that both schools are equally ranked for your program. Have you considered which program you like better (ie work that you would be doing, people you would be working with, etc)? 

I would much rather live in the midwest than the south any day.

That is a good question. I will look into it.

thanks