Graduate programs with active deadlines?

everran

Hello GradCafe,

I was previously considering PNCA's (Portland, OR) MA in Critical Theory and Creative Research, but the financial investment is too great. 

I understand how absurd this will sound, but is anyone aware of MA/PhD in Art History programs with active deadlines (i.e. admission for Fall 2014)?

Edited by everran

Most UK programs will likely still have open deadlines, and maybe some Canadian schools. Don't know about US schools, though I suppose it is possible...

You could just go with Post-bacc programs for a year...

Do these programs offer funding, and could you list a few of them here?

Honestly I don't know anything about Post-bacc programs, so I couldn't help. But it's a potential option if you're not interested in applying abroad which doesn't often have financial aid for int'l students.

I keep getting emails from CUNY, American University and Kent State about applying to their MA programs. However, I imagine that the funding has more or less dried up at this point in time. Perhaps try googling "rolling admissions art history masters" or something along those lines? You might also consider looking abroad; if you're interested in European art, for example, European programs can be quite affordable.

• 1 year later...

Most UK programs will likely still have open deadlines, and maybe some Canadian schools. Don't know about US schools, though I suppose it is possible...

For the OP: all of the programs in Canada have their deadlines around January 15th so I don't think that that would work. They also tend not to fund international students at the MA level so you'd be required to foot the bill for most of your schooling.

Edited by happy little pill