AFRI NIFA 2014

ekpfeil

I've lost all hope. I feel pretty strongly that all the awards have been awarded and we are just waiting for them to finalize everything before they tell us we lost. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure what else to think at this point.

I've lost all hope. I feel pretty strongly that all the awards have been awarded and we are just waiting for them to finalize everything before they tell us we lost. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure what else to think at this point.

I think the same but I hope I am wrong too :( 

I agree that at this point it's not good. I think the best situation would be to get reviews back saying to resubmit next year.

Has anyone thought of other fellowships to apply to? I would really like to be done in 1.5 - 2 years, so applying to NIFA for 2015 would be out of my scope - at least for predoctoral. 

Interesting.  So I went on grants.gov, which I've done repeatedly before even though it's really no help in tracking progress on grant applications because it appears they don't update it until a decision has been made, and I'm now getting an error message telling me the tracking number is not valid.  ???

Interesting.  So I went on grants.gov, which I've done repeatedly before even though it's really no help in tracking progress on grant applications because it appears they don't update it until a decision has been made, and I'm now getting an error message telling me the tracking number is not valid.  ???

Same here

I was thinking that it might depend on the research area we chose. Maybe only some groups have been announced. 

That is possible I guess.What area did you all apply too? Mine was  "Renewable energy, natural resources, and the environment"

That is possible I guess.What area did you all apply too? Mine was  "Renewable energy, natural resources, and the environment"

Me too!!

Anyone hear anything? I've tried to email Dr. Ali and once again he has not replied. I think I've emailed and called him 3 times over the last several months and I never get a response back. 

I am about to go crazy!!! Both times I contacted him; he replied. Last time he said winners will be annonced later August. I heard from someone else that the we won't hear anything until early October :(

I am about to go crazy!!! Both times I contacted him; he replied. Last time he said winners will be annonced later August. I heard from someone else that the we won't hear anything until early October :(

What the hell happened that this is taking so long? Do they mean they are not officially announcing the winners until October? I don't understand. I wish there was a bit more transparency in this whole process  :(

Hmmm, this is bizarre.  Could there be funding issues that are driving the delay?

Must be. I can't imagine anyother reseason. What I don't see a reason for is keeping us in the dark about what is going on. These proposals are a lot of work to put together, I think we deserve a little bit more than this.

What the hell happened that this is taking so long? Do they mean they are not officially announcing the winners until October? I don't understand. I wish there was a bit more transparency in this whole process  :(

That is what a professor I recently met told me, but I guess it might be possible because we are already on Sept. :(

Did that prof say anything about the decisions? or is it just the announcement we are all waiting on and that is all done with?

That is what a professor I recently met told me, but I guess it might be possible because we are already on Sept. :(

Did that prof say anything about the decisions? or is it just the announcement we are all waiting on and that is all done with?

He said that it may be that they winners are beign announced by category because I told him that some people have been already announced.