Thinking of buying the Magoosh plan for the GRE. Is it worth it?

Personally, I'm finding it very helpful! They also have study plans available, but the best part is that every question comes with a video explanation.

I actually took the GREs twice - once before using Magoosh, and once after. There was a significant improvement in my scores after using Magoosh for several months, and I was much more confident when dealing with some of the trickier subjects.  I found their study tools to be EXTREMELY helpful - including their smartphone app and vocabulary flashcards.  I highly recommend it!

(* I am NOT a paid representative of Magoosh - I promise!  I wouldn't mind being one, though. :) )

I actually took the GREs twice - once before using Magoosh, and once after. There was a significant improvement in my scores after using Magoosh for several months, and I was much more confident when dealing with some of the trickier subjects.  I found their study tools to be EXTREMELY helpful - including their smartphone app and vocabulary flashcards.  I highly recommend it!

(* I am NOT a paid representative of Magoosh - I promise!  I wouldn't mind being one, though. :) )

Haha thanks! I think I'm going to go buy it :)

They do not have an app for windows phones,  right? The only ones I see on their webpage are IPhones and Android. I wish they created an app for windows phones. :(

Edited by Bapple

I was looking into buying after reading this thread but it says there is a sale that ends today for about $99 for the premium package which includes everything. I don't really want to rush into buying it but the site says its normally $200. is this really a good price or is it one of those things that is always on sale? Thanks!

I was looking into buying after reading this thread but it says there is a sale that ends today for about $99 for the premium package which includes everything. I don't really want to rush into buying it but the site says its normally $200. is this really a good price or is it one of those things that is always on sale? Thanks!

It it always on sale.  They keep changing the expiration dates as soon as it is up.

I just took the GRE on Monday and got a 160 V 153 Q - I used both Magoosh and the Kaplan Premiere book to study from and found Magoosh incredibly helpful! Kaplan - eh. The lessons and explanations for each question on Magoosh are great! I also found the program creepily accurate in score predicting as well - the range they had me at was 157 - 162 for V and 151 - 155 for Q, and I actually scored right in the middle for both. I definitely recommend buying, worth the investment! 

• 2 weeks later...