Fall 2015 I/O Applicants

kaswing

Oh Okay. I see I misread your post, I thought you got accepted to BGSU but you were congratulating someone else.

I wish it's me that got accepted to BGSU!!

By the way, I also applied to the same four schools as you did--GMU, UCF, Portland state U, Kansas U..

I called Virginia Tech and they extended all their offers so far. They are working with their top picks (which is 10 students) to see if they will accept their offers then they will make the short list and then the waiting list. If you are on the short list for any school, that means you are at the top of the list and you have a high chance of getting an offer if the initial offer receivers decline. Once they finish the people on the short list, then they start picking people off the wait list. But for now, the professor has told me on the phone that they have not rejected anybody yet.

We are heading into March, which is the prime month when most of the final decisions are going to be made; so just a little bit longer.

One final thing to note, I have mentioned this already but just to reiterate ... students have been known to get chosen off the wait list as late as April since the last day to make a decision for any offer is April 15th, 2015. Hope this helps and I shall return with more news in the near future. :D   

Edited by IHopeWeAllMakeitletsdothis

On the part of the site to submit results there is mention of one interview and one wait list for Penn State. I haven't heard from them though.

Somebody posted in 'Result Search' about Minnesota State University- Mankato (I/O Psychology). Would you please PM me if possible, need to have a word.

Thanks in advance :) :)

I called Virginia Tech and they extended all their offers so far. They are working with their top picks (which is 10 students) to see if they will accept their offers then they will make the short list and then the waiting list. If you are on the short list for any school, that means you are at the top of the list and you have a high chance of getting an offer if the initial offer receivers decline. Once they finish the people on the short list, then they start picking people off the wait list. But for now, the professor has told me on the phone that they have not rejected anybody yet.

We are heading into March, which is the prime month when most of the final decisions are going to be made; so just a little bit longer.

One final thing to note, I have mentioned this already but just to reiterate ... students have been known to get chosen off the wait list as late as April since the last day to make a decision for any offer is April 15th, 2015. Hope this helps and I shall return with more news in the near future. :D   

10 offers? Wow I should have applied there...

To whomever just posted their rejection from Portland state on the board would you private message me the two POI's you wanted to work with? Thanks!

I need it, too! Thank you!

10 offers? Wow I should have applied there...

A grad student at my school put me in touch with a current VT grad student. It seems like a great program if you want to be an academic but he warned how bad it would be if you have a desire to consult. He also mentioned his brain was jello from random sleeping hours and 5-hour Energy, but I assume that's all programs. I wanted to apply there but I need consulting experience.

I need it, too! Thank you!

Me too!

Edited by setite

A grad student at my school put me in touch with a current VT grad student. It seems like a great program if you want to be an academic but he warned how bad it would be if you have a desire to consult. He also mentioned his brain was jello from random sleeping hours and 5-hour Energy, but I assume that's all programs. I wanted to apply there but I need consulting experience.

That seems odd given their alumni page - seems most of their students go consulting.  https://www.psyc.vt.edu/graduate/io/alumni

Hello,

So a new update for me. I got wait listed for Missouri State University for their masters program.  

Ph.D Programs:

1) Central Michigan University (Rejected by email on February 18th, 2015) :( 

2) Wright State University

3) Virginia Tech

4) University of Houston (Rejected by calling and the Patti Tolar telling me to assume its a rejection by now) :mellow:  

5) University of Missouri, St. Louis (Made the short list, found out by email on February 13th,2015) :D 

6) Florida Institute of Technology 

7) Claremont Graduate University 

8) Roosevelt University 

9) Louisiana Tech University (Got an interview on March 14th, 2015) ^_^ 

10) Illinois Institute of Technology 

Masters Programs:

1) San Francisco State University

2) Cal State San Bernardino 

3) Missouri State University(Made the wait list, found out by email on March 1st, 2015)  :rolleyes:

Nothing is secure for me so far but my anxiety level has gone down a lot.

To those of you who have received full acceptances ... a big, huge CONGRATULATIONS!! :lol:   

Edited by IHopeWeAllMakeitletsdothis

That seems odd given their alumni page - seems most of their students go consulting.  https://www.psyc.vt.edu/graduate/io/alumni

From what I was told they probably had to go out of their way to get those experiences, the faculty didn't help. But grad students are weird. At NIU my POI said they were a practitioner program with less research needed than some programs, but the grad student she put me in touch with said the exact opposite. If I don't make it this cycle, I will have to research more to figure out the truth of it.

Hello,

So a new update for me. I got wait listed for Missouri State University for their masters program.  

Ph.D Programs:

1) Central Michigan University (Rejected by email on February 18th, 2015) :( 

3) Virginia Tech

4) University of Houston (Rejected by calling and the Patti Tolar telling me to assume its a rejection by now) :mellow:  

5) University of Missouri, St. Louis (Made the short list, found out by email on February 13th,2015) :D 

8) Roosevelt University 

9) Louisiana Tech University (Got an interview on March 14th, 2015) ^_^ 

Masters Programs:

3) Missouri State University(Made the wait list, found out by email on March 1st, 2015)  :rolleyes:

To those of you who have received full acceptances ... a big, huge CONGRATULATIONS!! :lol:   

Congrats on the Louisiana Tech Interview! I was invited also, but can't be there that weekend, so will be going down on my own a few days beforehand. 

Are you going down in person, or doing it by phone? If you're there in person, you will have to let me know how the full event goes/your impressions. 

Edited by PhDseeker2015

Hello,

So a new update for me. I got wait listed for Missouri State University for their masters program.

Ph.D Programs:

1) Central Michigan University (Rejected by email on February 18th, 2015) :(

3) Virginia Tech

4) University of Houston (Rejected by calling and the Patti Tolar telling me to assume its a rejection by now) :mellow:

5) University of Missouri, St. Louis (Made the short list, found out by email on February 13th,2015) :D

8) Roosevelt University

9) Louisiana Tech University (Got an interview on March 14th, 2015) ^_^

Masters Programs:

3) Missouri State University(Made the wait list, found out by email on March 1st, 2015) :rolleyes:

Yes, congrats on the LA Tech interview--I will see you there!

My University of Minnesota application now says "Decision Made", though I haven't heard anything yet.

I also got a call from a professor at IIT, I guess they are accepting me into the MS in Personnel and Human Resources Development instead of the PhD because my GRE Quant score was too low. It's a non-thesis MS though research is allowed, and I can apply for PhD after a year. I'm still hoping for a funded PhD but this isn't bad. My real world math performance is fine so I'm confident I could move into the PhD program.

The question is, if I go into an unfunded program can I buy myself a new car as a gift or not? My car is a the 10 year mark and I'm tired of blowing a fuse every time I try to charge a laptop because of the crazy thing wiring in my car.

Hi setite,

Unicersity of Minnesota already made offers and they do not keep a waitlist.

quote name="setite" post="1058236312" timestamp="1425333023"]My University of Minnesota application now says "Decision Made", though I haven't heard anything yet.

I also got a call from a professor at IIT, I guess they are accepting me into the MS in Personnel and Human Resources Development instead of the PhD because my GRE Quant score was too low. It's a non-thesis MS though research is allowed, and I can apply for PhD after a year. I'm still hoping for a funded PhD but this isn't bad. My real world math performance is fine so I'm confident I could move into the PhD program.

The question is, if I go into an unfunded program can I buy myself a new car as a gift or not? My car is a the 10 year mark and I'm tired of blowing a fuse every time I try to charge a laptop because of the crazy thing wiring in my car.

Hi setite,

Unicersity of Minnesota already made offers and they do not keep a waitlist.

/cry

Edited by setite

Hello everyone,

I have been a voyeur on this site for too long. I have been rejected to these schools and have gotten a decent amount of waitlists. Today I received my first acceptance into Illinois Institute of Technology. It is a huge relief! Everyone hang in there. My current mentor/prof was waitlisted at all schools and found out April 15 he was accepted to UConn. Things work out!

Edited by Prize_Fighter_Inferno