Fall 2015 I/O Applicants

kaswing

Ph.D Programs:

1) Central Michigan University (Rejected by email on February 18th, 2015)  :( 

2) Wright State University

3) Virginia Tech

4) University of Houston (Rejected by calling and the Patti Tolar telling me to assume its a rejection by now)  :mellow:  

5) University of Missouri, St. Louis (Made the short list, found out by email on February 13th,2015)  :D 

6) Florida Institute of Technology 

7) Claremont Graduate University 

8) Roosevelt University 

9) Louisiana Tech University (Got an interview on March 14th, 2015)  ^_^ 

10) Illinois Institute of Technology (Accepted to the masters of science in PHRD, found out March 2nd, 2015)

Masters Programs:

1) San Francisco State University

2) Cal State San Bernardino 

3) Missouri State University (Made the wait list, found out by email on March 1st, 2015)   :rolleyes:

Someone asked me for my credentials and I thought it would be a good idea to share what I have to help others.  

Overall GPA:3.63

Psychology GPA: 3.85

GRE Scores: 

Verbal: 154/170 (63% percentile). 

Math: 148/170 (32% percentile). 

Writing: 5.0/6.0 (93% percentile)

2 Rejections: (Central Michigan University, University of Houston)

1 Acceptances: (Illinois Institute of Technology) 

2 Wait list: (University of Missouri, St. Louis, Missouri State University) 

1 Interviews:  (Louisiana Tech University) 

7 Waiting: (Wright State University, Virginia Tech, Florida Institute of Technology, Claremont Graduate University, Roosevelt University, San Francisco State University, Cal State San Bernardino) 

Edited by IHopeWeAllMakeitletsdothis

Ph.D Programs:

1) Central Michigan University (Rejected by email on February 18th, 2015) :(

3) Virginia Tech

4) University of Houston (Rejected by calling and the Patti Tolar telling me to assume its a rejection by now) :mellow:

5) University of Missouri, St. Louis (Made the short list, found out by email on February 13th,2015) :D

8) Roosevelt University

9) Louisiana Tech University (Got an interview on March 14th, 2015) ^_^

10) Illinois Institute of Technology (Accepted to the masters of science in PHRD, found out March 2nd, 2015)

Masters Programs:

3) Missouri State University (Made the wait list, found out by email on March 1st, 2015) :rolleyes:

Someone asked me for my credentials and I thought it would be a good idea to share what I have to help others.

GRE Scores:

* Verbal: 154/170 (63% percentile).

* Math: 148/170 (32% percentile).

* Writing: 5.0/6.0 (93% percentile)

Rejections: 2

Acceptances: 1

Wait list: 2

Interviews: 1

Waiting: 7

Overall GPA:3.685

Psychology GPA: 4.0

Junior/Senior GPA: 3.758

GRE Scores:

* Verbal: 163/170 (92% percentile).

* Math: 147/170 (28% percentile).

* Writing: 4.0/6.0 (56% percentile)

I got the same call you did about the IIT Masters "proposition". Ditto on the UMSL short list, are you going to the visit Friday? I am quite grateful to IIT for the offer, I wish more programs automatically considered it. But since IIT is an unfunded PhD I guess their masters is less of a trade off. GMU has a part of their application that lets you request consideration for the Masters program if rejected from the PhD. Though I don't know if there is a path to the PhD from Masters at GMU.

Edited by setite

Overall GPA:3.685

Psychology GPA: 4.0

Junior/Senior GPA: 3.758

GRE Scores:

* Verbal: 163/170 (92% percentile).

* Math: 147/170 (28% percentile).

* Writing: 4.0/6.0 (56% percentile)

I got the same call you did about the IIT Masters "proposition". Ditto on the UMSL short list, are you going to the visit Friday? I am quite grateful to IIT for the offer, I wish more programs automatically considered it. But since IIT is an unfunded PhD I guess their masters is less of a trade off. GMU has a part of their application that lets you request consideration for the Masters program if rejected from the PhD. Though I don't know if there is a path to the PhD from Masters at GMU.

We are so close in all of our academic school work, that probably explains why we are getting similar acceptances. Our math score for the GRE isn't great which is probably why we are not given first offers and I/O programs care A LOT about that portion. Yes, I will be attending University of Missouri, St. Louis's visit day. I will land there Thursday 11:00 p.m.  

We are so close in all of our academic school work, that probably explains why we are getting similar acceptances. Our math score for the GRE isn't great which is probably why we are not given first offers and I/O programs care A LOT about that portion. Yes, I will be attending University of Missouri, St. Louis's visit day. I will land there Thursday 11:00 p.m.  

Ooh getting in nice and late I see. I land at 4PM. I don't travel much so I made an excuse to spend a little extra on everything. I'm staying at the Hilton Garden super close to campus. Nothing I found was particularly affordable so I figured I'd stick close to campus.

I agree our applications are likely very close in the stacks. BTW, who did you get a call from at IIT. I think I got a call from Roya Ayman, she had a strong accent. I'm curious if I got a call from her because she doesn't cross-cultural research and my letter happened to mention that as well, or is it because she is the program director.

I knew my quant score would not bode well, and I understand. For me I simply am a little slow at math, not bad just slow. In Stats class my fellow students are picking up connections that take me a minute longer, but once I get it I get it. This doesn't bode well for the GRE but if I had to take it again, and I didn't fixate on doing it in order, i think I may do better. But with the IIT acceptance, I don't think I'd be willing to go another cycle, plus I am optimistic about UMSL. I'd prefer a fully funded program, partly because I really want a new car :) It's silly but being the first in my family to get a Bachelors, if I get into a PhD program too I've earned a car damnit :).

Just got waitlisted at SUNY Albany, also informed me that there's only 2 spots offered this year. Also got a rejection notice from Baruch College.

Edited by phatlilpanda

If anybody also applied to Master's programs, the University of West Florida updated my application status from Applied to Offered this afternoon. The admission package should be on its way via snail mail. It is not as anxiety-relieving as I had hoped, but it is nice to have Plan B in order :)

I also just (8pm my time!) got an email from Florida Tech that said "Welcome to the Florida Institute of Technology" asking me to set up an email account? Did anyone get this, accepted or rejected? I hadn't heard from them until whatever this is...

Update for anyone else who is still waiting to hear from FIT: My "check status" page was updated to "Contact the admissions office." When I called, they said my application is with the department, and they should reach a decision within the next three weeks. Since some of y'all have gotten accepted already, (Congratulations!) I guess they might be working their way down the list?

Ph.D Programs:

1) Central Michigan University (Rejected by email on February 18th, 2015)  :( 

3) Virginia Tech

4) University of Houston (Rejected by calling and the Patti Tolar telling me to assume its a rejection by now)  :mellow:  

5) University of Missouri, St. Louis (Made the short list, found out by email on February 13th,2015)  :D 

8) Roosevelt University 

9) Louisiana Tech University (Got an interview on March 14th, 2015)  ^_^ 

Masters Programs:

3) Missouri State University (Made the wait list, found out by email on March 1st, 2015)   :rolleyes:

GRE Scores: 

Verbal: 154/170 (63% percentile). 

Math: 148/170 (32% percentile). 

Writing: 5.0/6.0 (93% percentile)

2 Rejections: (Central Michigan University, University of Houston)

1 Acceptances: (Illinois Institute of Technology) 

2 Wait list: (University of Missouri, St. Louis, Missouri State University) 

1 Interviews:  (Louisiana Tech University) 

7 Waiting: (Wright State University, Virginia Tech, Florida Institute of Technology, Claremont Graduate University, Roosevelt University, San Francisco State University, Cal State San Bernardino) 

Congrats on making the waiting list for Missouri State. I still haven't heard anything from them. To be honest, I was surprised they did anything before next week (since they have a late deadline). I wonder if the ominous rejection letter is on its way to me...

I thought for sure you would have heard back already, KW58D!

Believe it or not, STILL no word.  How about on your end?

Has anyone ever received a "recall" email after first receiving an admissions decision? (if those who aren't familiar recall is a feature that lets you delete an email if the other person has not opened it), i received the email from an admissions office and opened it right away, then 10 min later i got a recall message to recall the admission email. Thoughts anyone ??