MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Does anyone know if Yale has sent out responses for Sculpture yet (I know they have for painting), or Columbia for New Genres?

I had an interview for sculpture and haven't heard anything. Have admissions decisions gone out for painting?

Edited by Meowmers

Hi carterjohnson, I saw that you put accepted on Rutgers, may I ask - when did you get an answer and how? I still have "No Decision" on my application Status..

Thanks!

Hi Lila Adams,

The head of the department called me in mid-February, and then a week or so later Nathalie Bookchin, one of the faculty, called.

Congrats on your acceptances and interviews. I'm still waiting on Columbia and Yale... irritating.

Hi Lila Adams,

The head of the department called me in mid-February, and then a week or so later Nathalie Bookchin, one of the faculty, called.

Congrats on your acceptances and interviews. I'm still waiting on Columbia and Yale... irritating.

Thanks, and congrats - yes this waiting is indeed irritating.. I am going crazy waiting for these answers.. I know some people got rejection e-mails for Rutgers, I got nothing and I have no idea what it means... ahh!

I just found out that I was rejected by Yale sculpture.

I did NOT receive an email, but I went onto the application site and found a note there instead.

Sorry :(

Did you interview or was it the status from January 31st?

Edited by Meowmers

I had an interview for sculpture and haven't heard anything. Have admissions decisions gone out for painting?

I am actually friends with someone who teaches in painting at Yale and had a lunch with her on 03/01/15. She said that they'd already made decisions. To be honest, I cannot quite remember if she'd said they'd already had interviews and decided or whether they had just already sent out invitations for interviews.

Does anyone know if Yale has sent out responses for Sculpture yet (I know they have for painting), or Columbia for New Genres?

I had an interview at Yale for painting and I didn't received anything yet. are you sure that they reply to MFA in painting?

for Columbia I heard about the interview (for Painting) but I don't know about other majors.

Good luck,

I had an interview at Yale for painting and I didn't received anything yet. are you sure that they reply to MFA in painting?

for Columbia I heard about the interview (for Painting) but I don't know about other majors.

Good luck,

Thanks, MMADAN. I appreciate the info!

Hey yestoyeahhhh,

Yes they do. All interviews from what I understand in all disciplines are Friday, March 13... let's hope it's not an unlucky day! I have an interview in Combined Media.

Good Luck to you!

hey carterjohnson,

Thanks for replying. I have an interview in painting, and its on friday too. did they send you the specific time for the interview? 

How do we login? Did they send us login information?

Based on previous year's results:

Go to webadvisor.cca.edu

Username: "cca" + "ID number" 

Password: mmddyy of your birthday

Go to Prospective Students >> Admission Status

I imagine they would call everyone today and tomorrow? So if no word yet, I'd wait another day before the panic sets in fully. These professors have a lot on their plates so I highly doubt they're making 15 phone calls all today (printmedia said they usually accept around 15 for the 8-10 spots as some will decline obviously).

(did we meet at the graduate day on 2/28? I showed up in the afternoon though...)

yea you're right. I was really satisfied with how my interview went too. I was definitely there on the 28th haha. big curly hair and an orange striped shirt?

Such an exciting time!  Everyone is getting interviews and acceptance letters, CONGRATS!  

Does anyone have any info on VCU Sculpture?  I know a few people have interviewed and I saw on the results section that someone heard they were on the waitlist, but I havent heard of anyone getting accepted or rejected. Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Such an exciting time! Everyone is getting interviews and acceptance letters, CONGRATS!

Does anyone have any info on VCU Sculpture? I know a few people have interviewed and I saw on the results section that someone heard they were on the waitlist, but I havent heard of anyone getting accepted or rejected. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

hey carterjohnson,

Thanks for replying. I have an interview in painting, and its on friday too. did they send you the specific time for the interview? 

I just got it this afternoon, right after I made my last posting here. Check your email, you might have gotten yours too. Mine is at 4:25.

I know from emailing Mary Eisendrath that the decisions have been made and notifications are being sent from the graduate school no later than next week.

Thanks lurkinloverly for the update.  This anxiety is killing me.

btw, are you going to the studio visit? or MFA open studio? 

Yeah, I will. I go every year already (I live in NYC), and have friends already in the program to visit. Definitely plan to visit.

You?

Yeah, I will. I go every year already (I live in NYC), and have friends already in the program to visit. Definitely plan to visit.

You?

yea, i guess i ll go too. i just wanna check out the space. because i have no idea how large the individual studio will be. (i heard its larger than other school? lol)