Fall 2015 applicants

Catria

Do you guys think UToronto are done sending out acceptances for their Fall 2015 PhD? Still hoping!

They've invited all the accepted students for a visit in two weeks, so I would think they are basically done. I suppose they could accept more if many of their accepted students decide to attend another school. It's probably not likely though, since they've already accepted more students than would likely attend.

If anybody is interested: UWO and UBC will send out decisions by the end of the month/1st week of March

Do you know when McMaster is going to be sending out decisions? 

By the way, it looks like we've applied to a few of the same places. Yay, Canada! Lol

Oh, yeah. Hello, everyone!

Edited by Hypatia14

Do you know when McMaster is going to be sending out decisions? 

By the way, it looks like we've applied to a few of the same places. Yay, Canada! Lol

Oh, yeah. Hello, everyone!

Hey, no idea about mcmaster! I guess about the same period?

I know that there was one international applicant who received an interview, but has anyone else been contacted by Princeton (for an interview/acceptance/visit/anything)? I'd heard that their review process was behind schedule this year, but most of the other top programs have contacted their top candidates and it's getting pretty late in the season!

Hope you all are doing well!

I know that there was one international applicant who received an interview, but has anyone else been contacted by Princeton (for an interview/acceptance/visit/anything)? I'd heard that their review process was behind schedule this year, but most of the other top programs have contacted their top candidates and it's getting pretty late in the season!

One of my acquaintances (an American)  had an interview in mid to late January, but aside from this person I haven't heard of any news coming through official channels. It is also interesting to note that Princeton doesn't appear to be doing fly-outs this year, their website mentions an "admitted-students day," but nothing else. Should we expect Skype interviews or maybe they are forgoing interviews entirely this year? The toughest part about the Grad School Application process is just how opaque it all is. I suppose the best course of action is just to be patient. 

One of my acquaintances (an American)  had an interview in mid to late January, but aside from this person I haven't heard of any news coming through official channels. It is also interesting to note that Princeton doesn't appear to be doing fly-outs this year, their website mentions an "admitted-students day," but nothing else. Should we expect Skype interviews or maybe they are forgoing interviews entirely this year? The toughest part about the Grad School Application process is just how opaque it all is. I suppose the best course of action is just to be patient. 

A Princeton Ph.D. student visited my campus at the end of January and confirmed Princeton is doing Skype interviews, not campus interviews, this year. They are going to put that money into better funding. She told me they were going to be reading applications in about two week (so either this past week or two weeks ago). Obviously, she's not on the committee, and I talked to her a while ago, so who knows.

A Princeton Ph.D. student visited my campus at the end of January and confirmed Princeton is doing Skype interviews, not campus interviews, this year. They are going to put that money into better funding. She told me they were going to be reading applications in about two week (so either this past week or two weeks ago). Obviously, she's not on the committee, and I talked to her a while ago, so who knows.

This is very interesting information, if the Ph.D student was correct then we should be hearing from Princeton relatively soon! 

Hello! Has anyone heard from Brown, by any chance? I know somebody has posted an interview offer from their ancient history department, but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything else from them?

I haven't heard anything. I applied to Ancient History through Classics dept.