Fall 2015 applicants

Catria

(I never know how many people who post results also read this forum but anyway...) To the person who got into Oxford but hasn't heard about funding: You will indeed find out about it at the same time as you get a college.

Hi, Everyone! It seems I'm a late comer. It's regretful I should have joined you earlier. Congratulations to all you have offers, and don't give up until the last moment!

This morning, I recieved the unoffical letter from University of Arizona with funding. I wonder if you know anything about the M.A. program (My emphasis is Ancient History) there? Is it worth going? 

BTW, if anyone could list a rough ranking of programs in this field?

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

For any waitlisters out there: I know that there will be some spots at major schools opening up soon. Keep the faith!

Hi, Dancrozz! Do you know anything about Cincinnati. I got no reply from them since I have kept asking my status from last month.

Two of my friends got into the Ancient History program there and took the spots. I don't actually know if that is a separate department or if it is combined with Classics. Spots at California, Princeton, UCLA, Stanford, and Columbia should have opened up fairly recently though. That is, if memory serves.

Edited by Dancrozz

Is there anyone who has offers and is still undecided?

Thank you, Dancrozz! I still don't decide between UA and Tulane. Actually, I'm waiting for the funding information from Tulane and decisions from Cincinnati and UIUC..

How about you? 

To the previous poster, UW barely offers funding to its accepted phd students, let alone its waitlisted people. It sucks bigtime!

This is from the results page.

I think this is the first bit of "drama" we've had on this board ever since pot stopped by in late February and killed off whatever little activity was going on in this place.

It probably means that most people have already accepted their offers. After all, there is only one more day left. I imagine that there will be more things happening the day after tomorrow.

As for me, I took an offer from Bryn Mawr. I finally scrolled through the forum, and was disappointed when I realized that they really would have helped cope with some of the anxiety of waiting. Oh well...

Which way are you leaning?