Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

Hey guys, I got accepted to both Ryerson and York for one year MSWs and I'm trying to decide between them. I'm wondering about Ryerson's funding package - do they require you to do GA work in order to receive the funding like York does, or is this essentially "free money"?

Thanks to anyone who knows!

I am wondering the same thing!

Hey all! Would those accepted into the U of T 2 year already mind sharing their stats/a little bit about their experience? :)

Hi nadiaem23,

Here is a brief summary of my stats or whatever you want to call it, haha.

-88-89% average or 3.93 over last 8-12 courses (cant remember exactly what it calculated out to be)

-2 years volunteering at a homeless/precariously housed meal program as well as doing research, annual program surveys, helping to write donor reports etc.

-1 paid summer job volunteering at homeless/precariously housed drop-in

-2 years part time working (paid) with students with disabilities on campus (mostly during mid-term and exam season)

-last 6 months volunteering as a peer grief counsellor (but not many hours as of yet-only indicated I did training program in my application) 

-84 in research stats course

So my experience is probably pretty decent for U of T standards but I also applied to Laurier and I know they favour experience over grades so I wouldn't be as strong of a candidate there. Either way, I will be accepting U of T because it is most suitable to my career goals and I have friends and family there. 

Hope this helps, message me if you have any more questions! Good luck to you! No news is good news as many have been saying here already and I agree with them completely!

Also, to anyone invited on ROSI for two-year please post on here ASAP if you receive a letter or SGS change! You guys are awesome, and all deserve to get where you want to be no matter which path you take to get there!

My grades were bare minimum but have a lot of experience in the field and excellent references, but still giving it about 2 weeks before I worry. Patience is a virtue  <_<

Applied to the two year program at Uft and Laurier.

I just got an acceptance email from the York 2-year program.

!!!!!!!!!

With a funding package

I'm shaking

Anyone else??? I'm scared this is an obscure troll spam email message.
I was not expecting this at all.

I just got an acceptance email from the York 2-year program.

!!!!!!!!!

With a funding package

I'm shaking

Anyone else??? I'm scared this is an obscure troll spam email message.

I was not expecting this at all.

Congrats nutella!! Mine also came with a funding package :) I have to accept within 72 hours, not very long. Mine also came with a GAship and then an RAship the following year - does anyone have any experience with these or have any insight as to what this would look at like at York?

Congratulations to those who heard from York today!!

I haven't received anything from York :unsure:  ... but my SGS UofT just changed to 'decision made' - please post if anyone receives their UofT letter in the mail!!!!

Edited by ChristinaB1990

My SGS just changed to "decision made" as well!

My delivery address is in Toronto since that's where my permanent address is so I'm bothering my mom so much about mail checking, she's being a good sport though!

Edited by wishingonuoft

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted to York! That is very exciting. Anyone else who applied to U of T have any changes on their ROSI? I am sort of now thinking that they do send out invites on Fridays. Anyone else?

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted to York! That is very exciting. Anyone else who applied to U of T have any changes on their ROSI? I am sort of now thinking that they do send out invites on Fridays. Anyone else?

Nothing! I agree they probably send it out once a week I doubt they would do a few here a few there. Well the good news is within the next three weeks we will all definitely know which programs we got into or not! wait is almost over!

Congrats nutella!! Mine also came with a funding package :) I have to accept within 72 hours, not very long. Mine also came with a GAship and then an RAship the following year - does anyone have any experience with these or have any insight as to what this would look at like at York?

Congratulations to you (and nutella!) on your acceptances! I just wanted to say woah @ 72 hours, that's pretty ridiculous.

Nothing! I agree they probably send it out once a week I doubt they would do a few here a few there. Well the good news is within the next three weeks we will all definitely know which programs we got into or not! wait is almost over!

Nothing for me either from uoft and York either, so congrats to everyone who got accepted! I've heard they are a very difficult program to get into :)

Edited by goodnews

Is it weird that I'm freaking out about my acceptance to UofT, and somehow think I won't accept it in time and I'll lose it?? 

I can relate, but from what I've heard in the past U of T requires a decision within 4 weeks, which is plenty of time for a hurricane to hit and still get your acceptance in on time!  :lol:

Is it weird that I'm freaking out about my acceptance to UofT, and somehow think I won't accept it in time and I'll lose it?? 

I would be freaking out too lol! I'm sure you have enough time. Once you get the mail they should give you a time limit. Are you waiting on other schools as well or have you made your decision?

Congratulations btw!

So I 've heard nothing from U of T, York or Windsor.... *nervous.

Congrats to everyone who was recently accepted!! That's great :)

Sorry to hear Social Worker 93 - I hope you hear good news from other schools AND/or get off the waitlist :)