Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Western or Waterloo?

A friend of mine was accepted at Western yesterday, but I called and asked and acceptances will be sent out this entire week.

And Waterloo said the second round of acceptances will be sent out by the end of next week...

I'm dying of anticipation! :)

Yes I've applied to Waterloo (and Windsor). Have not heard anything back from either yet :( Hoping soon! Fingers crossed ! So I guess we will likely know about Waterloo in the next two weeks! Were they sending them out this week too or maybe all at once next week...hmmm...good luck!

I feel like these last few days of February are moving at snail's pace, how is the waiting game going for everyone these days? :)

I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for rejection or wait-lists. Re-reading the forum from last year a lot of people were wait-listed two years in a row with amazing experience and it is making me very down on my chances. Another year of struggling to find relevant work would be really tough financially and mentally here's hoping for the best :) 

I'm wondering if anyone knows current or former students from the program at UBC-Okanagan, and what their experiences have been? There seems to be less information available online for this school, but if I am accepted I will be seriously considering it. 

Edited by cheekss

Yes I've applied to Waterloo (and Windsor). Have not heard anything back from either yet :( Hoping soon! Fingers crossed ! So I guess we will likely know about Waterloo in the next two weeks! Were they sending them out this week too or maybe all at once next week...hmmm...good luck!

Hey there!

For the one year program at Windsor first round acceptances went out at the beginning of February but I know there are still tons of people still waiting to hear back so don't stress!

I know first round acceptances were sent out already for Waterloo so we should for sure hear back by next week from them.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Western though. It's for sure my dream school, but I love how Waterloo is health focused so the program sounds amazing, so Windsor is just my back up option so to speak.

I'm obsessively checking my phone to see if I have any admission decisions!

:)

Good luck to us both!

Hey there!

For the one year program at Windsor first round acceptances went out at the beginning of February but I know there are still tons of people still waiting to hear back so don't stress!

I know first round acceptances were sent out already for Waterloo so we should for sure hear back by next week from them.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Western though. It's for sure my dream school, but I love how Waterloo is health focused so the program sounds amazing, so Windsor is just my back up option so to speak.

I'm obsessively checking my phone to see if I have any admission decisions!

:)

Good luck to us both!

I just declined my offer from Waterloo (my response was due by Thursday), so a spot will be opening. Good luck to you guys!! 

I just declined my offer from Waterloo (my response was due by Thursday), so a spot will be opening. Good luck to you guys!!

THank you! Hopefully I slide on into that spot haha.

Congrats on your Laurier acceptance!

I'm hoping a lot of people turn down Laurier :P  I will stay on the waitlist until I start having to arrange a practicum with UofT because obviously once I have done that I can't drop out of UofT.  So I am hoping to get off that wait list by the end of April.  You never know ;)  If I get into Laurier a spot will open up for someone at UofT.  Too bad we can't just trade amongst ourselves to get our perfect school :D

Edited by smpalesh

I'm hoping a lot of people turn down Laurier :P  I will stay on the waitlist until I start having to arrange a practicum with UofT because obviously once I have done that I can't drop out of UofT.  So I am hoping to get off that wait list by the end of April.  You never know ;)  If I get into Laurier a spot will open up for someone at UofT.  Too bad we can't just trade amongst ourselves to get our perfect school :D

I couldn't agree more!

"I'll trade my Carleton for your York"

Hahaha

cheekss - my boss (at the job I had before my 4th year BSW practicum) went to UBCO. She loved it and said it really prepared her to be a therapist. Her speciality is family therapy. She said the program was smaller so she did not just feel like a number, and the faculty members are fantastic. The campus is new and they share a clinic with the clinical psychology students where you actually get clients from the community and practice clinical work with them. The clinic is well equipped with one-way mirrors and microphones and everything. This would totally be my dream program if they allowed me to do my practicum at the same time as my coursework (Sept-April).

Hey everyone,

I'm a long time lurker on this board-Glad to know so many people are feeling the same anxieties that I am!

I have a question for anyone that's been accepted to U of T. Have any of you activated your ROSI yet? I didn't know what it was until I saw someone post about it on here. Anyways, I activated mine, around 4 today it said "Degree: Master of Social Work (1 Yr) (SW MSW 1) Status: Invited" and some other info. Earlier today and in the past when I checked it it said nothing.

I was just wondering if anyone whose been accepted to U of T's ROSI says the same thing? I'm wondering if this means I've been placed on the Wait List or possibly Accepted? My SGS still says "Under Review" and I haven't received any emails/mail so I'm not sure what it means.

Anyways, thanks for reading this rant! Hope everyone is doing well and trying not to let the stress get to them!

Also sorry if this has already been answered... I saw someone ask this earlier but I never saw a response to it...

Peace!

Hey everyone,

I'm a long time lurker on this board-Glad to know so many people are feeling the same anxieties that I am!

I have a question for anyone that's been accepted to U of T. Have any of you activated your ROSI yet? I didn't know what it was until I saw someone post about it on here. Anyways, I activated mine, around 4 today it said "Degree: Master of Social Work (1 Yr) (SW MSW 1) Status: Invited" and some other info. Earlier today and in the past when I checked it it said nothing.

I was just wondering if anyone whose been accepted to U of T's ROSI says the same thing? I'm wondering if this means I've been placed on the Wait List or possibly Accepted? My SGS still says "Under Review" and I haven't received any emails/mail so I'm not sure what it means.

Anyways, thanks for reading this rant! Hope everyone is doing well and trying not to let the stress get to them!

Also sorry if this has already been answered... I saw someone ask this earlier but I never saw a response to it...

Peace!

As far as everything I've ever heard goes, it sounds like you have most definitely been accepted! Congratulations!!!

Hey everyone,

Peace!

Yep, I was accepted and my status also changed to "invited" so... congrats!

applying99 - That definitely means you are accepted!  Congrats!  I was accepted to UofT last year (my accept in my sig line is a deferral from last year) and my status said under review for weeks after I got my acceptance.

Hi Everyone, First time posting but long time reading. It so nerve wrecking waiting. I applied for the 2-year MSW at UofT. I have A lot of volunteer with the many of the Child Welfare Agencies and a few other organizations an OK GPA, I am really hoping my experience, personal statement and references out shine my GPA which is about 76. I was also wondering do the schools give priority to their students. I am from UofT so I was just wondering. Go luck to everyone. I really wish everyone the best. such a life changing time of the year. 

Hey everyone,

Peace!

Congrats, I am from UofT and whenever the new semester is upcoming it shows when it is and it says invited if you are clear to go. So you are in!! :)  :)  :)  :)

MSW-UofT - I really don't think being a prior UofT student gives you a higher chance to get in.  I think they review all applications together.  76 is a low GPA, I'm not sure whether that will be a problem or not for you.  Hopefully your application as a whole will make you a competitive applicant.  Good luck!

MSW-UofT - I really don't think being a prior UofT student gives you a higher chance to get in.  I think they review all applications together.  76 is a low GPA, I'm not sure whether that will be a problem or not for you.  Hopefully your application as a whole will make you a competitive applicant.  Good luck!

thanks for the response. The only reason I was thinking that is because the bell curve like crazy. Trust me when i Tell you coming out of UofT with a B+ is considered pretty good lol because it is so hard to get grades at UofT. But I made sure I did an outstanding application and got some really high ranking references and i have about 7 years of volunteer in some very reputable places so lets hope it works out in the end because I really want to get in  :(

ah when will U of T send out notifications, at this point I am strongly convinced I did not get into the program which is okay as I have changed my mind about the direction I chose at U of T. But it would be nice to get these notifications so i can move on with my life....lol

Anyone heard from Ryerson or York? 

Edited by Prairiegirl2015

Smpalesh dont give up until like you said April! :) I have seen a couple people decline/undecided about Laurier so dont give up! and at the end of the day it comes down to circumstances.....

Edited by Prairiegirl2015

For all those who got accepted to U of T, did you get a letter or an email? I checked ROSI and my status was changed to invited so I'm not sure what to think since I have no official acceptance. I am applied to the 1 year advanced MSW program in gerontology stream.

For all those who got accepted to U of T, did you get a letter or an email? I checked ROSI and my status was changed to invited so I'm not sure what to think since I have no official acceptance. I am applied to the 1 year advanced MSW program in gerontology stream.

Just a letter, no email.