2015 - Social Psych

FinallyAccepted

Did this come in the mail? Neither of us heard a peep on interviews, so I assume mine is on its way. They could also be going alphabetically, which would explain why I haven't heard back yet.

My mind is still melting at the 2% acceptance rate. :wacko:

Edited by coffeeaddict29

Yeah...

Oregon is one of the best programs in the country. Social also seems to be 2nd most popular behind clinical and then funding for social psychology is low.....

It's a recipe for disaster, as illustrated here with U Oregon.

Well, isn't that sweet of them....  :rolleyes:

Lol, I remember having a mini panic attack when I got a letter in the mail from them once saying they had received my completed application. [i had heard that mail was reserved for bad news only]

Did the letter and email show up on the same day? If so, that's some intense planning. I'd be willing to grant them some kudos for that. 

Well, isn't that sweet of them....  :rolleyes:

Lol, I remember having a mini panic attack when I got a letter in the mail from them once saying they had received my completed application. [i had heard that mail was reserved for bad news only]

Did the letter and email show up on the same day? If so, that's some intense planning. I'd be willing to grant them some kudos for that. 

Last year the letter came about 1 or 2 weeks later... Or at least it felt like that. I don't really remember. But I was like, awww that's sweet. You wanted to remind me about how much you think I suck. Thank you. 

Does anyone have any info about ASU? I saw someone got invited to the interview weekend late March, but I haven't seen much else from them. I'm also waiting to hear back from U of Arizona. Those are pretty much my last beacons of hope for this round.

I'll private message you about ASU. 

For those who were inquirying on UConn's Social program, they have already extended on-site interview invitations and unofficial offers. Also, the POI emailed me personally informing me that I wasn't accepted to the program.

When was this?

My heart just broke (not to be dramatic or anything). I've wanted to go there for years. :(

I got the email Friday (but remember I email the POI weeks before). And I was recently at a different interview where a few of the other applicants told me about their upcoming UConn interviews and pre-acceptances. So yeah, if you haven't heard anything, it's probably not a good sign...sorry!

I got the email Friday (but remember I email the POI weeks before). And I was recently at a different interview where a few of the other applicants told me about their upcoming UConn interviews and pre-acceptances. So yeah, if you haven't heard anything, it's probably not a good sign...sorry!

I want to email to ask, but I don't want to annoy them...

I'm in the same situation... To email or not to email... I really just want to know the answer, but I also know I need to be patient.

I think I'll wait until at least the first week in March. If the calendar says March it seems less impatient lol

I think it's our right to email, because we pay the application fee. Most of the schools I've applied to have a policy to give answer 6~8weeks after the application deadline. I did email some of them and asked asked politely after 8 weeks. One school told me 3 weeks ago that they were going to have a meeting regarding my application the next day, so I've been literally loosing sleep since then. I decided to email them again yesterday, and, guess what, they didn't have a meeting yet...

I think it's our right to email, because we pay the application fee. Most of the schools I've applied to have a policy to give answer 6~8weeks after the application deadline. I did email some of them and asked asked politely after 8 weeks. One school told me 3 weeks ago that they were going to have a meeting regarding my application the next day, so I've been literally loosing sleep since then. I decided to email them again yesterday, and, guess what, they didn't have a meeting yet...

Yeah, I don't expect them to go any faster just because I email them. But it has been 13 weeks and I've been holding on to an actual offer for 5 weeks. So at this point I guess it doesn't seem so bad to email them. It might not be good news, but I am curious about where they're at in the process either way.

My POI at UPenn confirmed I was rejected, so I think they have already made the decissions. No idea whether they contacted the selected applicants.

Does anyone have information on the processes at UIUC or Wisconsin-Madison?

Yeah, I don't expect them to go any faster just because I email them. But it has been 13 weeks and I've been holding on to an actual offer for 5 weeks. So at this point I guess it doesn't seem so bad to email them. It might not be good news, but I am curious about where they're at in the process either way.

Just remember it's also your (or any student's) right to hold on to an offer until April 15th.  They take their sweet time, we can take ours...

Thanks for the Penn update! Has anyone heard anything from from the social programs at Penn State or Nebraska-Lincoln? Nebraska's app website just shows my application as "under review."

Nebraska hasn't made any decisions yet.

My POI at UPenn confirmed I was rejected, so I think they have already made the decissions. No idea whether they contacted the selected applicants.

Does anyone have information on the processes at UIUC or Wisconsin-Madison?

For UIUC, I understand that they have an admission committee meeting, and they pick who they are going to admit right off the bat. They do things differently than most schools-- they admit your first, then they interview you. From what I've heard, they have already sent their admission packages a few weeks ago so we're sorta doomed if we haven't heard by now. Idk when the rejections are coming, but they are coming. Best just to brace for it.

For UIUC, I understand that they have an admission committee meeting, and they pick who they are going to admit right off the bat. They do things differently than most schools-- they admit your first, then they interview you. From what I've heard, they have already sent their admission packages a few weeks ago so we're sorta doomed if we haven't heard by now. Idk when the rejections are coming, but they are coming. Best just to brace for it.

Thanks for the info about UIUC. 

A propos, Winsconsin-Madison are still under review, and I am in the short list before the final cut! The guy answering emails first told me I was rejected, but like 40 mins later he sent me another email explaining I'm still on the list...