DAAD

Horb

This is a notice that comes up on the portal now:

"The Portal will be under construction and not available for users between 8 am and 8.30 am on the 1th of April 2015. Please ensure that all your data is saved online or stored on your computer prior to this date. We appreciate your patience and cooperation!
To compensate for technical problems in the past couple of days the application deadline for personal funding applications which ends on March 31st will be extended to April 2nd."

I'm wondering if maybe the technical problems have caused some overall delays in workflow?

Results are in guys.

Myoung (sp?) from DAADNY is sending out responses now.

Didn't get in  -_- , but giving a heads up anyways.  Your banter proved highly entertaining.

:)

No problem.  Good luck.

This is the second attempt @ the DAAD Study Scholarship for me.

As soon as I saw the subj. header, I said, "uh oh."

Then I started reading it:

"                                             March 31, 2015

Dear Antar Keith,

I am writing today with the results of the 2015-2016 DAAD Graduate Scholarship for Study and/or Research in Germany competition."

Here, I started to temper my feelings of anticipation..

By the time I got here, I knew it was all over:  "Your application has been carefully reviewed by an independent selection committee convened for the purpose. "

Anywho, I feel that such emails should state right up front with a Congratulations if you win it.  But, blah, these are just the meanderings of someone who applied for it, completely forgot about it for months on end in the midst of other applications, then returned to it randomly again.  :blink:

It's here!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never been so relieved to be REJECTED, haha! I guess I'll be taking the other fellowship I was offered and not checking my email like a crazy person anymore. The letter came at 10:45 EST from NY. Good luck, all! 

Didn't get it - but I suspected that anyway, with my status on the portal a few weeks ago.

The email specifically cited "a large increase in the number of applications this year"... I was concerned that the odds might be worse this year after all the press about "free" university in Germany so that's unsurprising. Still, very frustrating. :/

Nushy, did you apply from the US? It could be only US applicants are finding out today.

No, I guess I have to wait a little bit longer then...

Good luck everyone! !!!