DAAD

Horb

Didn't get it - but I suspected that anyway, with my status on the portal a few weeks ago.

The email specifically cited "a large increase in the number of applications this year"... I was concerned that the odds might be worse this year after all the press about "free" university in Germany so that's unsurprising. Still, very frustrating. :/

Ugh, I'm right there with you. I had the rejection status on the portal a few weeks ago too and I hoped it wouldn't turn out that way, but I still had a feeling that it would. I'm so bummed. I still have a tiny gleam of hope for getting funding through Fulbright as an alternate candidate, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up since it could go either way. In a way, it's almost a relief for me to have been rejected by the DAAD though. Being an alternate for Fulbright didn't really change anything for me since I still have to obsessively check my e-mail and make sure my voicemail isn't full every day, on the off-chance that they decide to contact me. At least with the DAAD rejection, I no longer have to check the portal all the time and I can stop checking my e-mail as frantically as I have been. It's still disappointing, but relieving in a strange way.

Anyways, you should do something fun to take your mind off of the rejection. You deserve to relax after the news. I'm planning on having a beer or three myself after I finish my paper tonight. :)

Does anyone here know how feasible it is to attend a Masters in Germany and finance it with any sort of part time student job. Is it doable to find a job quickly enough once I arrive there to pay for living expenses while I study? Maybe somebody in this forum has done the same thing?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Optimism getting the award or optimism of hearing today? I feel like they would have released it today. But at least if it is coming from NY, we know it can happen tomorrow or Friday.

Maybe it's for the best that we're most likely not hearing today. Given the fragile state of my sanity, if I were to actually get an acceptance today, I would probably just assume that it was a cruel April Fool's prank that the universe was playing on me! haha

It better be!! Although through some feat of willpower, I managed to not check my email until about a minute ago, and just about had a fit when I saw that I didn't have anything yet... But yes! Today will definitely be the day! 

If I don't hear by 12pm, I call it a day and check less (though I admit, I still check). I just assume it'll be between 10am and 12pm that they'll release, based on the study grants. 

I got it!!!!

I'm so happy!!!

but I heard directly from the University of Saarlandes because DAAD informed them about results.

I wish you all guys the best of lucks!

and see u in Germany! :)

Edited by KatheAristi

I called Bonn and the lady told me she has the decision in front of her but some Heini still needs to put his signature on a "Protokoll".

Hope the bureaucratic stalling pain in the butt pays off...

I called Bonn and the lady told me she has the decision in front of her but some Heini still needs to put his signature on a "Protokoll".

Hope the bureaucratic stalling pain in the butt pays off...

What program were you applying for?

I got it!!!!

I'm so happy!!!

but I heard directly from the University of Saarlandes because DAAD informed them about results.

I wish you all guys the best of lucks!

and see u in Germany! :)

Congratulations :)