DAAD

Horb

I hope so. I already had to start sending some of my grad school apps since they are due soon although I still dont even know if there is any point in doing so since if i dont get the scholarship there is no way i can fund my studies.

Haha. I wouldn't say confident. I've been applying for jobs like crazy bc I assume I won't get it, but a girl can dream :) I was told by a few people I had a strong application, but who knows what they are looking for?

I switch between refreshing grad cafe and my email. I made a folder for anything with DAAD or the name of the grant so that when the email comes, I can have some time to collect myself (and perhaps ready the wine?).

Given that I'm also waiting for a German grant (the German Chancellor Fellowship), the notification timeline is about the same (end of March), and that the HQ for the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is in Bonn as well, can I come join ya'll in agony of the misery of waiting!? What I'm waiting for is a bit different in that I only find out if I made it to the next round. The second round is composed of flying to Germany and interviewing (end of April approx.) then I think you find out while in country.

The deadline for the application was waaaay back in September of last year. I've already done Fulbright and don't remember it being this bad. This wait, however is absolutely killing me!

Haha. Welcome the the party! I applied for Fulbright last year and well...that was worse for me than this currently is; however, I'm still refreshing my email like crazy. Hopefully tomorrow!

At least with the German universities themselves, the waiting didn't drive me crazy because all the activity happened while I was asleep! From my Pacific timezone, Europe's 9-5 is my midnight-8am, so I would just wake up to emails in my inbox. Very nice and fairly low-stress.

In this case, it looks like the results will be communicated by DAAD North America, so now I'm all strung out during the workday! :unsure:

Fingers crossed for this week - I'd love to put down that deposit on my spot...

Aaaand 5pm EST rolls around again, my inbox empty.

The deadline to accept the other fellowship I was offered is the 31st (by snail mail to Germany, so basically now). Since DAAD clearly doesn't really care about being "competitive" with Fulbright and other Germany-specific programs, my bet is on Friday if not next week. 

Edited by umamam

Certainly feels like it.  Did anyone's info change on the portal, by the way?  At some point today, the "funding programme" info on my page got a lot more explicit than just "Research/1 year" or whatever it was before.  Anyone else?  Thoughts on what it might mean?