Geography societies

Ladril

Well...AGU, AAG, GSA...and now my mind is drawing a blank.  This website has a pretty good list: http://www.geosociety.org/links/

The three I listed are generally considered the "top" in the US. 

Thank you so much! I assume AGU is American Geophysical Union and AAG is Association of American Geographers. I'm not sure what GSA stands for, though...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The ICCG is pretty a well known conference among critical geographers. However, it's not an annual conference or anything and it's not the only venue to present radical/critical work. The AAG Subconference and even the main conferences are good for that kind of thing as well.

What are the most important scientific societies for geographers? Google is not as clear on this as I would like. Thank you.

I think it depends on what's best for your specialty. My background is more geology/geoscience so I've long been a member of the AGU and GSA; I tried the AAG for a year at my new institution and went to the annual meeting when it was local. I let the membership lapse afterwards...I felt the $55-65/year for student dues was a lot. That's double or more compared to the other societies I belong to. Most of them are better organized to be honest, thus providing better value.