choosing the set to send (help)

StenoLubr

So my main question is which set to send to schools. In my first gre I got 163 math and 4.0 on AWA and today I got 162 math.

If i get better score on AWA which set should I send? (I have same verbal score)

so the gist of it is whether 1 point on math matters more than 0.5 rating on AWA or not (I will be applying to psych phd and masters)

thank you!

*just making sure, I can choose which set to send right? 

Edited by kingwd

If the first AWA is low, like 3.0 or 3.5, you could send the one with the higher AWA. Otherwise, I would send the one with the higher quant. But in the end I don't think that either choice will make a big difference.

If the first AWA is low, like 3.0 or 3.5, you could send the one with the higher AWA. Otherwise, I would send the one with the higher quant. But in the end I don't think that either choice will make a big difference.

oh I got 4.0 on the first one. But so if you got 163 math and 4.0 on AWA first time and got 162 math and 4.5 AWA 2nd time you would send the first one?

The percentiles for the AWA are very interesting.

3.0 = 15%

3.5 = 38%

4.0 = 56%

4.5 = 80%

5.0 = 93%

See that jump from 4.0 to 4.5? Whereas in the math, your 1 point difference is not a very large percentile difference (162 = 83% and 163 = 86%). So to answer your question, 0.5 on the AWA matters more than 1 point on the math. If you got a 4.5 or above on your second test, go with your second test.

Edit: this is just what I would do. I don't know what field you're in, so I actually don't know how much I should assume about which scores matter more!

Edited by VulpesZerda