University suggestions

ng.nishant

Hi Everyone,

Can you please suggest some realistic mix of univs I should apply to for MS in CS, based on my below profile:

GRE:321(161 Verbal/160 Quant), AWA:4
Work ex: 2 years in Infosys Ltd (an Indian IT company)
BTech (here's where it gets bad!) : 3.31/4 (Telecommunications)
12th : 82% , 10th : 78%
Yet to give TOEFL

I have 1 publication in IEEE in image processing domain.
Also, my work ex majorly relates to sql coding and data warehousing and basic Java coding learnt in training.

Can you please suggest a mix of univs (safe/moderate/ambitious) that I could apply to for MS in CS?? I am hoping for Fall '15 season.

Thanks for your help! :)
Edited by ng.nishant

You are the best person to find a university that works best for you both in a matter of interest and application profile.  Part of graduate school is doing research, I would urge you to take the time to figure out what universities you are interested in before asking people to evaluate a good mix.  Maybe put together a list of 10-15 places you are interested in and then ask people what a good mix is based off of your applicant profile.  You know yourself better than any of us, so only you can say what a good fit for you is.  We can only help in evaluating but not generating this list.