Is a financial statement required for PhD applications?

thegraydude

I am applying for PhD. I'm not sure whether I need to give them a financial statement or not. I have emailed them about it, but these schools are taking their sweet time in replying.

Meanwhile, could you please let me know if a financial statement is required to be submitted along with the application before the deadline? I was thinking it wouldn't be required since most PhDs are funded.

Edited by thegraydude

The school will always tell you if they require a financial statement or not. The only time that it would be advisable to automatically send in a financial statement would be if you are applying as an international student as such students are required to provide financial statements for immigration/visa purposes. - Admissions Advice Online 

The only time that it would be advisable to automatically send in a financial statement would be if you are applying as an international student as such students are required to provide financial statements for immigration/visa purposes. - Admissions Advice Online 

Yes, I am an international student. But I'm applying for PhD, which will mostly likely be fully funded. I realize immigration's might need it after I'm admitted but do I need to produce during application time?

If there are other PhD students over here, please let know if you submitted a financial document during application process.

Edited by thegraydude

Yes, I am an international student. But I'm applying for PhD, which will mostly likely be fully funded. I realize immigration's might need it after I'm admitted but do I need to produce during application time?

If there are other PhD students over here, please let know if you submitted a financial document during application process.

Usually no.

However if you're admitted and funded, you can use your funding as a means of financial backing.

Most schools only ask of financial backing only when an applicant has been admitted and by that time, you'd know if you got funding or not