Fall 2015 Acceptances (!)

Accepted at Northeastern! About time they notified; their visit day is a week from tomorrow. Not a whole lot of time to arrange travel, but that’s ok.

congrats Lycidas! looks like we have a couple of acceptances in common! How did you find out about Northeastern's visiting weekend? It wasn't in the email I received...

congrats Lycidas! looks like we have a couple of acceptances in common! How did you find out about Northeastern's visiting weekend? It wasn't in the email I received...

First, congrats on your acceptance! I got that information off the program website back when I was applying. Although since they didn't mention it in the email, maybe they pushed it back due to later than usual notifications this year? (very possibly because of the snow)

First, congrats on your acceptance! I got that information off the program website back when I was applying. Although since they didn't mention it in the email, maybe they pushed it back due to later than usual notifications this year? (very possibly because of the snow)

Well, just got the notification that I was admitted to the M.A. program at UMD.  I have Ph.D. offers elsewhere, so I won't be accepting it.

Congrats to Lycidas on the acceptance to Northeastern!

do you mind telling me when you got your rejection from Yale? I've had complete silence for months!

Hey, all. Been too excited to get on here and actually post, but got my first acceptance! Purdue wants me! Still waiting on a bunch of other places to make decisions, but still, things are working out! 

Congrats to all other recent admits. This has been an exciting few days on here.

I got an email this morning and I got into Fordham's MA program! No funding unfortunately. I have till May 1st to accept the offer; depending on whether or not the other programs provide funding, I may accept it as I barely took out any loans for my undergrad education (less than $10k). We'll see what happens!

Rejected from NYU's PhD but accepted to their MA with most of tuition covered by scholarships. Nice letter, but it mentioned my interests as American lit (I'm a medievalist) which I thought was funny. I love Dinshaw but I don't love debt so I'm going to turn it down; hopefully this will open up funding for others! Also waitlisted at Michigan today.

Congrats to all the great acceptances on the board today! Hope everyone's celebrating!

Did that letter mention you by name? I'm an Americanist who checked off being considered for the MA if not accepted for the PhD there, so just making sure there wasn't a mixup.

Edited by HesseBunuel90

Rejected from NYU's PhD but accepted to their MA with most of tuition covered by scholarships. Nice letter, but it mentioned my interests as American lit (I'm a medievalist) which I thought was funny. I love Dinshaw but I don't love debt so I'm going to turn it down; hopefully this will open up funding for others! Also waitlisted at Michigan today.

Congrats to all the great acceptances on the board today! Hope everyone's celebrating!

congratulations!! I'm sorry to ask, but did I hear the policy incorrectly? I was under the impression that paper letters were the only way gsas communicated; how did you get notification? :D

Edited by margeryhemp

I think(?) I was accepted to Fordham's program today. Received an email from the graduate school congratulating me on my admission, but it definitely had the ring of a follow-up email, as if I should have received some other communication prior to this one. When I checked the application status page, my app is still marked as only 'submitted.' 

So, not sure how to interpret this one. Not that it matters a whole lot at this point -- I'm really only considering OSU and UMD -- but it'd be nice to know for sure if I personalized emails haven't gone out yet, or if I somehow missed an email from their DGS, etc. etc.