Fall 2015 Acceptances (!)

@allplaideverything and carolineKS, When you got the call, did the website also change? Mine is still sitting there with "Pending" in both places, haunting me. But I can't tell you how happy it made me to see that more people got calls today. I've been checking the mail for a paper rejection for nearly a week.

@allplaideverything and carolineKS, When you got the call, did the website also change? Mine is still sitting there with "Pending" in both places, haunting me. But I can't tell you how happy it made me to see that more people got calls today. I've been checking the mail for a paper rejection for nearly a week.

Mine still says pending :) 

When I declined the offer, I wanted to be like, I'd like you to accept these two people from grad cafe. Do it now. Please and thank you. 

Lol

I recently accepted an offer, and I'm fairly certain my status is still "pending" for that school, so I wouldn't put too much stock in the online app checker.

Thanks, y'all! I'll stop putting stock in that website, even though it seems more useful than a lot of the other application sites. 

Based on what I've seen/heard, I'm guessing all Oregon acceptances have gone out. That being said, I haven't seen any rejections posted yet, so waitlists could still be a possibility (or a full blown acceptance for folks in 19c given the number of declinations in that area). Fortunately, Oregon seems, historically at least, like one of the programs that mails rejections about the same time acceptance calls go out, so those of us in limbo should know something soon.

Based on what I've seen/heard, I'm guessing all Oregon acceptances have gone out. That being said, I haven't seen any rejections posted yet, so waitlists could still be a possibility (or a full blown acceptance for folks in 19c given the number of declinations in that area). Fortunately, Oregon seems, historically at least, like one of the programs that mails rejections about the same time acceptance calls go out, so those of us in limbo should know something soon.

*Officially* accepted my offer to U of Toronto today!

I am sending my very best to all waiting, deciding, accepted, and future applicants! This process is so exhausting, and I wish you the very, very, very best.

Oregon and Toronto are in my head as "implied rejections," though I know that that's not a real category, except in a few instances. However, Oregon was apparently still calling acceptances yesterday and today, so it seems like perhaps they are spacing it out a bit. The radio silence from Toronto seems to imply otherwise, though.

*Officially* accepted my offer to U of Toronto today!

I am sending my very best to all waiting, deciding, accepted, and future applicants! This process is so exhausting, and I wish you the very, very, very best.

Congrats! I lived in Toronto for many years and did my undergrad at UT... let me know if you have any questions (that is, if you're not from or currently live in TO).

I woke up this morning to a nice letter letting me know I have been admitted to Syracuse University.

I've been someone who fully believes in the force of the implied rejection and I definitely had written this school off as one. It feels very good to have to admit that I was wrong!

I woke up this morning to a nice letter letting me know I have been admitted to Syracuse University.

I've been someone who fully believes in the force of the implied rejection and I definitely had written this school off as one. It feels very good to have to admit that I was wrong!

Congratulations doc1! And wehey for proving implied rejections wrong!

In regards to implied rejections, at least in cases where there are only a couple of entries on the results board and no rejections, I definitely wouldn't count a school out. It seems with Syracuse (and many other schools too), they notify first those who have gotten fellowships or nice funding packages and then notify the rest of the (sigh) "regular" admits later.

But I don't mind being "regular"  :D I'm still grinning ear-to-ear from receiving this acceptance!

Accepted to University of Florida. I think. Weird circumstances, though. I got an email referring to the voicemail she left me, but I have no voicemail. I'm a little nervous they might have made a mistake and I'm not accepted at all! But we shall see I guess. 

Accepted to University of Florida. I think. Weird circumstances, though. I got an email referring to the voicemail she left me, but I have no voicemail. I'm a little nervous they might have made a mistake and I'm not accepted at all! But we shall see I guess. 

The amount of acceptances you have is.... a lot. *slow claps*