Hunter - Fall 2015

AstoriaGal

I am sorry @astoriagal :( seems like they are very unorganized. I am putting a deposit on NYU while I wait for hunter. I am visiting Columbia but I like NYU's program better I think!

I am also so disappointed in their program, I called today to ask questions and the woman was so nasty and mean to me and basically said she couldn't help me since I am not even in the school yet.

I also want to chime in and say that I asked about the status of my application and WHEN I could expect to hear back about an interview or a decision via email, and all I got in reply was "keep checking your status" I'm starting to think I won't get accepted to this school lol

there were a lot available for this week and next week. The last one available I saw was Tuesday the 24. It was at like 5-7 pm. They varied on times. Some were 11-1 or later in the day.

Hunter is driving me pretty close to insanity!!! check my email (literally) every ten minutes...my status has been pending interview for ten days now, and deposit deadlines for other schools i've been accepted to are approaching or have already passed :(

does anyone remember the timeframe of when their application status changed to when they recieved an interview invitation?

so i emailed the admissions office and they said if your status says pending interview on your app then you should get directions on how to proceed by monday...don't know if i trust them at this point but here's hoping!

So, I need advice. I still have no decision, had my interivew 4 weeks ago as of tomorrow. The dean herself let me know that a decision "should be psoted" by the end of the week, this was almost weeks ago. Should I try calling? Or do you think they're waiting to hear if other people will accept their offer before letting me know, and calling would just annoy them? Any advice would be helpful.

I would say hunter is your top choice and you have deadlines from other schools! My friends application went straight to pending program decision no interview... is that a rejection? I have my interview this week! How should I prepare? what questions do they ask? how many questions? thanks :)

@Astoriagal I would give them a call for sure.  Being annoying is the least of the problems when you need a decision.  They could have missed it by accident.

@chilly8 I had my interview yesterday.  Be prepared to answer questions on why you want to go to Hunter.  It was more of a discussion between the group members and the facilitator (she was awesome!)  They may ask ethical questions as well.  I recommend getting to know your group before the interview.. It helped me be WAY more relaxed and they were really fun and nice people.

So, I was rejected as of today, 3/24/15. Pretty upset, but I have other great options and I have decided to attend Columbia! Sending in my money this week. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!!!