Fall 2015 Chemical Engineering PhD

Jguo32

I haven't signed up yet (if I get into MIT, I'm pretty set on going there so I'll wait a few days to see if I get some more good news), but if I visit it'll be the Feb 19-22 weekend. How about you?

Edited by argon214

Hi everyone. I'm just now joining you all. Just found out that I got accepted to University of Virginia (yay I got in somewhere) and rejected from University of Texas (would have been nice since I have family there). Good luck everyone. 

Hi everyone. I'm just now joining you all. Just found out that I got accepted to University of Virginia (yay I got in somewhere) and rejected from University of Texas (would have been nice since I have family there). Good luck everyone. 

Grats!!

Reading this post made me check my statuses. No word so far. That's because I was apparently missing some stuff for some schools including one that a reference just completely missed. FML, lol

Q: Does CMU ChemE require a paper/official transcript? Did I misread or skip something? I uploaded my unofficial (official scanned) transcript.

Remaining fairly optimistic, though I have industry offers if this falls through...

I notice that the University of Michigan has sent decisions for many of the candidates, and I'm still waiting for mine. Is it that the admissions committee takes up international applications somewhat later than US applications?

Anyone who applied to Northwestern: I know that they sent out a bunch of acceptances earlier this month. Do you think that "no news is good news" still applies?Or do you think that they're just waiting to reject everyone all at once? 

Just looking from the results board, it seems that Northwestern generally just does one main round of admits. Still, you never know! Someone was already rejected from Northwestern for F15, so you're in a better group than that person! The results board indicates that one or two people are accepted later (like in March), but the vast majority of rejections come in in the beginning of February. I guess I wouldn't hold out too much hope, but if you survive the impending round of rejections then you may be put on a waitlist of sorts? Anything goes, really!

Do rejections get e-mailed typically? Or do they expect you to look at the status on their website?
I haven't heard back from anywhere, I'm pretty okay with that, looking at the rejections rolling out. lol

Same here. I know MIT chemical engineering puts quite a lot of weight on the GPA and GRE scores (the latter of which was a concern), more so than other schools. A shame, but it is what it is. 

Same here. I know MIT chemical engineering puts quite a lot of weight on the GPA and GRE scores (the latter of which was a concern), more so than other schools. A shame, but it is what it is. 

That is a shame. I'd say I should have retaken the GRE, but the more I think about it, there wasn't one particular prof at MIT that really stood out to me (not even sour grapes, I've been thinking this since I applied). And I am already frustrated with the amount of money ETS was able to extract from me. At least we all have some great choices!

Rejected by Stanford today, no word from MIT (Applied CSE course 10, don't know if this is reviewed by chemE faculty at the same time though).

I expect a lot of good news for everyone in the coming few weeks! Good luck to all you guys, even if you may not need it ;)

Got GTech for CSE, which is awesome. Not to be rejected by all schools is a relief too.

CSE is reviewed at the same time, ktk. There was even one CSE/ChemE admit on the results board. I'd maybe contact the CSE coordinator if you're curious about your status - she's super friendly and helpful.