University of Michigan SPH "Recommended" For Admission?

asseenontv

Hi everyone,

First time posting here! I applied to four schools through SOPHAS (Emory, UMich, Boston U, and Georgia State U) on 11/22/2014. To my surprise, I just received an email from the University of Michigan today saying: "[We are] pleased to inform you that we have recommended you for admission to our MPH Program in International Health (Global Health Epidemiology) at the University of Michigan."

What exactly does that mean? They said I still need to wait for an official decision, but why email this to me now? I did apply for two of their programs, so maybe it means that they are pushing for review for my first choice program? I am just very confused and I hope it's good news! I am very surprised they emailed me back so soon even though on the Wolverine Access website, it says my application is still incomplete...

Good luck to anyone in the application process!

I think it means that you have been "accepted" by the School of Public Health, but the university still needs to accept you as well. Usually, as long as the school accepted you, the university will as well. You'd have to have some major red flags for them to say no. 

Edit: So a little off topic, but I see that you applied to Georgia State as well. Have you heard any confirmation from them that they have received your application? They are the only school I haven't heard anything from and it's making me a little worried. 

Edited by IntriguedStudent

I think it means that you have been "accepted" by the School of Public Health, but the university still needs to accept you as well. Usually, as long as the school accepted you, the university will as well. You'd have to have some major red flags for them to say no. 

Edit: So a little off topic, but I see that you applied to Georgia State as well. Have you heard any confirmation from them that they have received your application? They are the only school I haven't heard anything from and it's making me a little worried. 

Hey so I decided to just email Georgia State about the status of my application and they sent me an email just now saying they've received it. Hopefully they received yours too!