Is sending a GRE subject score late a viable option and how important is it overall for top schools?

gbritt

I have applied to some of the most competitive biomedical graduate PhD programs (Harvard, Stanford, PENN, JHU, Rockefeller) with a 3.6 gpa (3.5 biochem major) 170 verbal(99%) 159(74%) Quant and 5 essay (93%) with 2 years of undergraduate lab research, 2 internships at a pharma company, a publication, and I am currently employed at the pharma company in an Oncology research position with upcoming publications and presentations.  My essay focused on my research and how I fit into the research of specific PI's in these programs.  I come from a mid tier liberal arts college. 

How important is a subject Biochem test for admissions at these very competitive schools, and if I were to take it now would it even be accepted?  Additionally, if you didn't skip over my application summary - do you think these characteristics warrant the need for a good Subject test score?

Thanks guys.

• 6 months later...

My friend applied to a Geology program at Berkeley which required the GRE to be taken. She still hasn't taken it and is starting at Berkeley next Fall. 

I think some schools can be lax with the GRE scores if your advisor likes you and wants you.

I would book the next available test and let the shchool you are applying to know that you have done so.