Online Economics Courses

I am currently abroad and would like to fulfill the econ requirements for public policy schools by taking micro and macro online. Is there anyone who could recommend a good online program? I know no grad school is going to be that impressed with any particular course that I take online but since it is a prereq I want to get it taken care of (wish I had done it in undergrad) so mostly I'm looking for something that is convenient and relatively inexpensive, since I feel like content is going to be pretty similar anywhere. Thanks for you help!

Currently abroad or from abroad? If you're from the States and just living abroad at the moment find a community college in your home state and take online classes through them. That's what I did and it was cheap, easy, and really improved my application (more than I thought it would; I talked to several admissions people about it and they all talked it up as a big positive). I took my classes online through Denver Community College even though I was not in Denver during most of the semester, got easy straight As and it only cost me ~$800 for Stats, Micro, and Macro classes. If you're from overseas and all you're looking for is a prereq I'd just search around for the cheapest option possible. Good luck!

I am currently abroad and will be for about the next year. I have looked into taking a course online through a community college but it would have to be entirely online since I definitely cannot show up for any class and I am also just worried about all the paperwork and proving that I should still be considered a resident for tuition purposes and all that. Did you register in person? Was any of the paperwork complicated?

UC Berkeley has some great online courses - I'm in the middle of one now - that are entirely online. The link is: http://learn.berkeley.edu/

The only downside is that you pretty much have to teach yourself, which can get a bit tiresome/confusing. But it's highly convenient, especially if you're overseas and worry about accreditation and whatnot.

Thanks waiting,

Actually I had looked into some of UC Berkeley's courses. The only drawback was that they seem to be much more expensive than what a community college class would cost and since I would be essentially teaching myself most of the curriculum I figured that where I did the course through wouldn't matter that much. By the way, if I may ask, what course are you taking right now and do you find the whole start to finish in 6 months at your own pace thing convenient? How about the responsiveness of the professors to your inquiries and also what do you think about the grading? Thanks.