GRE Vocab

Rishi Karia

Hey! 
I am planning to give my GRE after a month and have vacations so have the whole day to study for it. 
I am a little weak at vocab how and from where can i improve my vocab for GRE?
Any Advice is helpful!!!!

Edited by Rishi Karia

I used the Kaplan GRE book, it comes with an online component that allows you to make your own and take pre-made tests and quizzes. It was really helpful for me, so you might consider that,

I found these quite helpful:

1. Verbal advantage (book)

2. Kaplan GRE book

3. Barron's 800 essential words for the GRE (quizlet)

http://quizlet.com/8997815/barrons-800-essential-words-for-the-gre-flash-cards/

Also, look up the words you don't know when doing practice exams would be helpful

Edited by Owlet

I second pasteltomato on the Magoosh flash cards. They have an app that you can download on your phone that is basically a virtual deck of cards, and I found that really helpful. I would review with it when I was taking the bus or train to pass the time, and it was definitely worth it. I learned several new words with it that showed up on the test.

Edited by drownsoda

• 3 weeks later...

The "InstaVocab" Android/iPhone app is extremely well polished and pulls words from a number of sources. It is by far my favorite Android verbal app. "Flashcards" by Dictionary.com is also great for referencing word definitions, but sadly does not come with a "quiz" feature that I found to be useful enough to pursue.