660q 440v

bbq555

took the gre got a 660q and 440v should i retake? i have been studying for about 3 months. totally bombed the verbal. or should i not worry about it and work on my other application materials? im applying for a MA in IR to sipa sais gw gtown and american

Those scores are probably on the low side. I'm from a different field, but if I recognize the schools' names correctly then you are applying to some of the most prestigious IR programs in the US. If so, then I think you need to do both - work more on your other application materials and retake the GRE. I'm not saying you absolutely cannot get in with those scores, but they aren't helping you much either.

Those scores are probably on the low side. I'm from a different field, but if I recognize the schools' names correctly then you are applying to some of the most prestigious IR programs in the US. If so, then I think you need to do both - work more on your other application materials and retake the GRE. I'm not saying you absolutely cannot get in with those scores, but they aren't helping you much either.

I second these recommendations.

It seems that your scores are low across the board and you might not even get past the cutoff phase.

• 1 month later...

As someone with an MA in IR from that tier of school (Chicago), I say yes, without a doubt, retake it. Is English not your first language? If so, then maybe your low verbal score will be excused...but then you'll want a much higher quantitative score to balance you out. You should be able to improve your scores on both sections considerably with some study.