2015 Admissions General

Not necessarily CommonerCoffee. I came across this post

You've been a great source of positive energy throughout the thread. =D

I also received a call from UMN biostatistics earlier today. Is anybody else planning on attending their admitted students days in February?

I will be unless something comes up. Should probably see what Minnesota is like during the Winter.

Seems like everyone on here is a biostatistics applicant haha. Checking statistics acceptances last year, most didn't come out until mid- to late February. Guess I have nothing to worry about (yet). Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted and best of luck to those who haven't yet!

I got invites to open house/interview events at Emroy and UPenn for Biostats PhD but no word on admission decision.  However they occur at the same time.  I feel like UPenn would be a higher priority for me since I live in the northeast, but anyone else have any advice on which to attend as well as information on these two programs?

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like last year, Johns Hopkins Biostatistics offered interviews emails around last week but there doesn't seem to be anything from them on the results search page this year. Anyone heard anything from them yet?

Seems like last year, Johns Hopkins Biostatistics offered interviews emails around last week but there doesn't seem to be anything from them on the results search page this year. Anyone heard anything from them yet?

I have not heard from JHU, either!

Anyone know when Harvard Biostats will start processing international applications? Interview invites have been sent to domestic students, and internationals appeared to be on a different schedule in previous years.... 

Hmm... now I see a posting in Results for a JHU Biostatistics interview invite.

Seems like that was the only posting for JHU since then as well. The forums and results seem quieter this year when compared to the chaos that waslast year, haha.

Looks like a Wisconsin-Madison result is also out.

Seems like that was the only posting for JHU since then as well. The forums and results seem quieter this year when compared to the chaos that waslast year, haha.

Looks like a Wisconsin-Madison result is also out.

It's shocking how calm these forums are. I get anxiety just reading the thread from last year, but there's barely any posts here at all.

What else is coming out soon? Washington was right on time, and if that Madison is real then they are too. Maybe Harvard this week and Michigan/CMU next week?

This forum is a blessing and a burden. It really makes you sweat when you see results were out by this time last year and none thus so far this year.

I can't tell you how many times I have gone to Iowa's web site looking for a decision (they were out by the end of January last year for statistics).

It's shocking how calm these forums are. I get anxiety just reading the thread from last year, but there's barely any posts here at all.

What else is coming out soon? Washington was right on time, and if that Madison is real then they are too. Maybe Harvard this week and Michigan/CMU next week?

CMU's application submission confirmation email stated that "All applicants will receive notification of their status by email no later than January 30" so I guess it's actually this week.  

This forum is a blessing and a burden. It really makes you sweat when you see results were out by this time last year and none thus so far this year.

I can't tell you how many times I have gone to Iowa's web site looking for a decision (they were out by the end of January last year for statistics).

I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse, but Iowa does rolling admissions, to my knowledge.  For instance, I got an offer in early November two years ago (I believe I was notified by email, not the website, but am not totally sure).  However, their deadline isn't until mid-February, and I think it's reasonable to think that they will holding onto a lot of applications until then to get a clearer picture of their final applicant pool.  Your profile is strong; I think you definitely will have a few more schools to choose from in the next few weeks.  Congrats on Texas A&M.

Sounds like we need to hype up this party and add to the anxiety. Aside from NC State, it seems like most schools are slower than last year, but I could be imagining things.

I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse, but Iowa does rolling admissions, to my knowledge.  For instance, I got an offer in early November two years ago (I believe I was notified by email, not the website, but am not totally sure).  However, their deadline isn't until mid-February, and I think it's reasonable to think that they will holding onto a lot of applications until then to get a clearer picture of their final applicant pool.  Your profile is strong; I think you definitely will have a few more schools to choose from in the next few weeks.  Congrats on Texas A&M.

That makes me feel a lot better actually haha. Thanks a lot. And thanks for the reassurance.

Thanks for the update. When did you ask?

Seems very quiet on the Hopkins front since the one interview posting.

On Monday of this week.  I inquired about the invitation that had been sent, and the response I got was that they had started rolling out a few of them but would send out the rest "early" this week.  Is Wednesday still considered early? :P

Edited by kgbfan

On Monday of this week.  I inquired about the invitation that had been sent, and the response I got was that they had started rolling out a few of them but would send out the rest "early" this week.  Is Wednesday still considered early? :P

In academia, I'm pretty sure Friday counts as early. Late in the week means over the weekend through next Tuesday.