Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

For those who were admitted to Wisconsin, has anybody received funding information yet?

Yes, in an attachment in an email sent from Alice Justice. PM me if you want more info.

Edited by letstalkshop

Anyone have any idea when University of Toronto releases their decisions? It looks likes some Sociology MA decisions were released around this time last year, so I'm wondering if they'll do the same this year for MA/PhD programs...

I just called Harvard. All those accepted have been notified. Those waitlisted have not been notified.

Ah, there you go.  This could very well be the possibility with UCIrvine as well..  You never know.. ;)  Hang in there everyone!

For those who were admitted to Wisconsin, has anybody received funding information yet?

Not yet. The e-mail I received from Alice Justice guaranteed funding, and mentioned a few figures about potential funding. I have not received any concrete information about funding. I e-mailed her this afternoon to ask when I might expect detailed information.

For anyone who applied to UOregon: the admissions committee is meeting this afternoon (so, now) to make decisions, and we should hear very soon.

Oh thanks for the info!  I have seen that previous years had roughly 133 applicants and could only accept 6 (last year I think).  Nerve-wracking indeed!  Best to everyone.

Anyone still in limbo with UCLA?

I still haven't heard anything back yet either. I am thinking about contacting them if I don't hear anything by the end of this week. When did you complete your application? I submitted mine on 11/16.

Anyone have any idea when University of Toronto releases their decisions? It looks likes some Sociology MA decisions were released around this time last year, so I'm wondering if they'll do the same this year for MA/PhD programs...

I just got my acceptance today, if that helps. Good luck! 

To anyone still waiting on UCLA: I just got off the phone with the grad coordinator, and she told me that they've already sent out the bulk of their admits and rejections. Those of us who haven't heard back either way are probably being considered for one or two more spots. She implied that although UCLA doesn't typically do waitlists, this was an unusual application season and that we are on an ad hoc waitlist of sorts. The committee "is crunching some numbers and should decide in the next few weeks."  

It sounds like we'll just have to hang tight and wait this one out. Hope this helps! 

Is anyone else in the CUNY limbo? I noticed acceptances / waitlists / rejections in the results page. When I contacted the admissions office, they told me they haven't been notified of my status from the department yet. Anyone have insight into how they're making decisions? 

This is a diff field, but 1st piece of partly positive news I've had to report so.... had a phone interview w/grad program director of geography @ york u in toronto today. Says I'm a good fit, my research topic is "fascinating" and he could make me a funded offer, problem is foreigners like me still have to come up w/outside funding for the higher tuition we pay. So he's putting my file on hold b/c otherwise I'd have to make a decision  within 30 days. It appears I have maybe till April 1 to come up w/the money. This is bitter sweet, doesn't change anything yet, but this is first type of call like this I've ever had. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look for funding to study abroad at this time of year? Yes I will repost this on other boards too.

To anyone still waiting on UCLA: I just got off the phone with the grad coordinator, and she told me that they've already sent out the bulk of their admits and rejections. Those of us who haven't heard back either way are probably being considered for one or two more spots. She implied that although UCLA doesn't typically do waitlists, this was an unusual application season and that we are on an ad hoc waitlist of sorts. The committee "is crunching some numbers and should decide in the next few weeks."  

It sounds like we'll just have to hang tight and wait this one out. Hope this helps! 

Yeah it definitely helps!! Thank you! Good to know that there is still hope.

totally helpful. I appreciate it!

Thanks for the info Useless, I applied there, only heard back from one of the 3 profs I contacted.

For anyone who applied to UOregon: the admissions committee is meeting this afternoon (so, now) to make decisions, and we should hear very soon.

Nycres, no I've heard nothing so far re my app. Just know last week I think they sent out at least 5 acceptances. And I was told by the admin assistant in the dept office when I stopped by end of last month that the adcomm had had their 1st meeting and had made decisions for that round, that decisions should go out last week or so and that they might meet again. Tbd. Hope we both get in, good luck to you!

Is anyone else in the CUNY limbo? I noticed acceptances / waitlists / rejections in the results page. When I contacted the admissions office, they told me they haven't been notified of my status from the department yet. Anyone have insight into how they're making decisions? 

Edited by breaks0

What do you mean? Are the first batch of rejection letters sent out? Does it mean I still have a chance??? *bite nails..throws cat pillow..gnawing table..!!

good luck dee dubs.. i will light a candle 4 u