Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

Guys, I am a little confused about Columbia. There are only 3 admits here by phone, did anyone get a rejection/admission e-mail? Doens't seem like they have sent all admissions yet.

And how about for their masters? Decisions are later?

I called Harvard a few times and no one answered. Happy to be your resident shameless soc department caller.

Thanks so much I really appreciate it. I really wouldn't be sad about receiving rejections at this point this not knowing is unbearable

Congrats to the NYU acceptances.

I haven't heard a peep from NYU and when I log in, at the top it just says "This Application has been submitted." I am interpreting that as a rejection. I know they only accept 2% (8 out of 400), but it still sucks. Oh well...

Edited by grrlfriend

Got it. Blunt! I'm happy to call places if anyone has requests.

If you or anybody has a chance, I'm really curious to hear about Yale. I wonder if they have already done interviews with people they are considering, for example. In past years folks got acceptance letters from mid to late February, so maybe it's premature, but I'm worried. I personally haven't heard a peep... :(

Did anyone hear from UCSD? 

I got an e-mail from the Dean of the Graduate Division late last Friday (around midnight PST) congratulating me on my acceptance and a link to the application site to accept/decline their offer..

I have yet to hear anything directly from the department, though. 

If you or anybody has a chance, I'm really curious to hear about Yale. I wonder if they have already done interviews with people they are considering, for example. In past years folks got acceptance letters from mid to late February, so maybe it's premature, but I'm worried. I personally haven't heard a peep... :(

Does Yale do interviews?

Does Yale do interviews?

Hi, I don't want to start that rumor, sorry. I have no idea whether they do, but I'm just wondering if they do, because if so then I can start the process of accepting their rejection. :)

Thanks Maxine! Congrats on all your acceptances too! I am really struggling with the decision now. I was set on Duke but I haven't heard anything from my strongest POI. I emailed him once in the fall with no response and once after I got accepted and nothing. There are other people at Duke who I'd want to work with who have been really responsive but the non-responsive guy is the one I was most interested in working with. It feels like a pretty bad sign that he is totally silent even after I've been accepted...

I don't have any new acceptance, anxiously waiting for Michigan (I guess I've been rejected by stanford and harvard already)...

For Duke, i guess they must give all students lots of money (i have to say i'm jealous haha). I think you probably should go to the visit day. Usually, you can set appointments with POIs during visit days and most profs should be available during those two days, so you can then get a sense of him/her as a "person" lol Btw, I think big names are generally busier and thus more "non-responsive" lololol 

Maxine, don't be ridiculous, POIs aren't people.

Also, there's still hope for Stanford. 

I don't have any new acceptance, anxiously waiting for Michigan (I guess I've been rejected by stanford and harvard already)...

For Duke, i guess they must give all students lots of money (i have to say i'm jealous haha). I think you probably should go to the visit day. Usually, you can set appointments with POIs during visit days and most profs should be available during those two days, so you can then get a sense of him/her as a "person" lol Btw, I think big names are generally busier and thus more "non-responsive" lololol 

I don't think Yale does interviews, and it seems like they notify applicants pretty late. Don't freak out yet!

Edited by Anonymona

Vanderbilt applicants...several rejections on the results search reference the website.

A. What made you check? Email? Hunch?

B. Mine still says Submitted, so I'm guessing I'm in limbo here.

Anyone else waiting a verdict?