Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

Folks still waiting to hear from Harvard should check their application status online. I checked today, and apparently the decision has been available since Friday.

Anyone have any insight into how often people are accepted from the waitlist there? I'm sending an email to see if I can get a picture for it, but I figured I'd check here, too.

Are you seeing a decision of waitlisting? I guess that means they are sending out WLs... 

Yeah, that's the decision I received. On the one hand, I'm grateful that there's still a chance, but on the other hand, I'm pretty certain the chances of getting off the waitlist are next to 0.

The waiting list must be very short. Good luck!

I think this is a going to be a big week. What schools are left? 

I'm waiting on my probable rejects from cuny and ucsc and I would guess from Hopkins, I'm not aware that the latter has made any decisions yet. It would be nice to have at least 1 US school's offer, hopefully binghamton in my case cuz I'm a damn good fit there and it's better than nothing.

Edited by breaks0

Sorry for reposting. New user and forgot to quote. This is my question from earlier (in context with the quote): 

Do you mean the University of Arizona or Arizona State University? I was admitted to the former. From your previous posts, it looks like you're at UC Davis. I don't see a UC Davis alum among the faculty at UA. That being said, I know that one of the faculty members recently (and very tragically) passed away, and another just retired. 

In any case, thanks for the heads up.

ASU - apologies for not clarifying.

Can the Vanderbilt applicant who posted this on the results PM me?

"Email notification from director indicating that I am on the waitlist and admission is dependent upon students declining their offer. If admitted I will also have funding..."

I got the same email and had a question about your process! 

Thanks!

Bleurgh, no word from Cornell, which I'm interpreting as a no. Did anybody get waitlisted at Cornell sociology? I had heard they do an unofficial wait list, but I could be wrong...

This site is super helpful for deducing rejections from lack of communication, since so many of the programs cruelly hold off on their rejections til March or April. Psychologically, I'd much rather know now.

Edited by brokenwindow

lol I don't mean  to sound snarky, but look @ this thread? What do they expect? I think most posters here have gotten in somewhere by now, w/funding, but many haven't or not into our preferred choice(s). If we have to sweat it out day after day not knowing how our futures are gonna turn out, I think they can put up w/some phonecalls, even alot of them. 

Ugh, NW is sick of people calling and not the friendliest on the other end. 

Edited by breaks0