Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

Not yet. The e-mail I received from Alice Justice guaranteed funding, and mentioned a few figures about potential funding. I have not received any concrete information about funding. I e-mailed her this afternoon to ask when I might expect detailed information.

Let us know what you find out. Were you nominated for a fellowship or anything?? was anyone??

To anyone still waiting on UCLA: I just got off the phone with the grad coordinator, and she told me that they've already sent out the bulk of their admits and rejections. Those of us who haven't heard back either way are probably being considered for one or two more spots. She implied that although UCLA doesn't typically do waitlists, this was an unusual application season and that we are on an ad hoc waitlist of sorts. The committee "is crunching some numbers and should decide in the next few weeks."  

It sounds like we'll just have to hang tight and wait this one out. Hope this helps! 

Out of curiosity - was she more specific about why this was an unusual application season?

I did not post the UPenn acceptance on the results search but I was also admitted. I saw the email when I got up this morning-- it was sent at a weird time, like in the middle of the night. Email was from DGS and said funding details to come.

Email mentioned: "You are under no obligation to make a decision prior to April 15, but if you do know earlier that you will not join us at Penn, please inform us as soon as you have made a decision.  We have a few admits who are on a waiting list for funding allocations, and we cannot complete their offers until we have clarity on our numbers."

Hopefully that helps? For what it's worth I will probably decline the offer; hope that opens a spot for someone else! 

Anyone have further updates on UChicago? Has anyone called to see if all decisions have been finalized?

I was told that all decisions have been sent to the Social Sciences Division for finalization. As for what that means -- I have no clue. If I had to guess I'd say the rest of us are getting the axe.

What about UCSD? I still haven't heard anything either way.

Edited by TheoryOfTheories

I was told that all decisions have been sent to the Social Sciences Division for finalization. As for what that means -- I have no clue. If I had to guess I'd say the rest of us are getting the axe.

Got rejection email from SD in the middle of the night and my status was updated on the application website this morning. Fingers crossed for you if they're still deciding!

Anyone have further updates on UChicago? Has anyone called to see if all decisions have been finalized?

I emailed a former professor at UChicago, and I'm awaiting a reply. I'm hoping she will give me some idea as to what is going on. I'll let you all know if I learn more!

I'm right there with you. Haven't heard a thing from UCSD either way. I'm really appreciating the blunt rejection from Princeton now!