Question about interviews

spifflobster

I don't think I got an interview with my top choice school. Is it possible that some students still being considered for the program aren't invited to the interviews?

Is it okay to email POI to confirm no interview/ask why?

POIs gave me such hope I'd get an interview when they told me in our conversations that I'd thrive in the program and would be a perfect fit for lab. I just want to know for sure I didn't get an interview and why.

I think it would be unlikely that they would extend interviews to some but not others that they are interested in accepting.

I would email the POI or admin to ask why only after you have received an official rejection letter.  It would be a great way to confirm your continued interest in the program while also maybe figuring out what you can do to improve to be a better applicant for their school.

I wouldn't contact them now to ask why you didn't get an interview.  That is a bit of an awkward situation to put a POI in especially when they may not know the reason the adcom committee or graduate school made the decision they did. 

I don't think I got an interview with my top choice school. Is it possible that some students still being considered for the program aren't invited to the interviews?

Is it okay to email POI to confirm no interview/ask why?

POIs gave me such hope I'd get an interview when they told me in our conversations that I'd thrive in the program and would be a perfect fit for lab. I just want to know for sure I didn't get an interview and why.

Spifflobster, I'm going through the same situation with one of the schools I applied to. I sent an email to my POI, and I had a phone interview with him two months ago, and the conversation went very well for me also (he was very happy about my research & academic background, and said I will be a great fit for the lab and the program). I exchanged a few emails with him afterwards since I did have a few questions regarding the program and his research before I submitted my application in December. When I applied, I notified him of my submission, and he thanked me for keeping him updated. That was the last time I heard from him, and I too am eagerly waiting hear any news regarding my application. If you are really curious maybe you could shoot an email, but I would advise you not to (after all, if there are any updates within gradcom I'm sure your POI would keep you updated).