University of Washington CS PhD Applications

raggy

FYI,

Admitted students are still being notified, the process is a bit slow and hard to predict because we have faculty call and notify the student over the phone. Everyone should know the decision on their application before Friday.

I think this is the most relevant thread. Does UW start sending out decisions?

Yes, I got an electronic copy of official letter via e-mail, along with a funding offer.

So who will I be seeing in March at the visit? 

I had a conflict during the official visit days, so I've scheduled a solo visit on the second week of March.

Excited to meet all of you. I will at least be there Tuesday. Loser777, hopefully we can get past our Pokemon disagreements.

I had a conflict during the official visit days, so I've scheduled a solo visit on the second week of March.

Let me know if you have extra time and want coffee or anything. Since I'm already familiar with Seattle and with the professors at UW, my main goal in this visit is to meet as many potential students as possible and get a feel for what the class might look like. 

Let me know if you have extra time and want coffee or anything. Since I'm already familiar with Seattle and with the professors at UW, my main goal in this visit is to meet as many potential students as possible and get a feel for what the class might look like. 

I'd be happy to! Once the schedule is set, I'll let you know. (The prospective student committee is arranging for me meetings with faculty members and graduate students, so I don't know the exact schedule yet.)

Edited by hcho3

• 2 weeks later...