Boren 2015 - 2016

triscuit

I only sent in an eval for Spanish. Other than that, our apps sound terrifyingly similar. I hope we hear by Friday -- the time crunch is getting real. 

:) well, it seems like we have to wait until next week to find out. Hopefully, my midterms will occupy my time, so I don't have to think about it as much. 

Are you planning to be a foreign officer?

Definitely not lying and it's too late for me to pull an April Fools trick! I was told that emails will go out next week if all goes according to plan. But maybe things will go even better than according to plan and they'll go out this week. I'm not holding my breath for that though. 

It is all a conspiracy. Mind games!! Hopefully your answer is a better one than mine!

Yes I'm hopeful that the e-mail reply I received this morning is correct- that there's hope we may hear as early as Thursday. Wouldn't that be amazing?  Not to have another weekend of no news?

Are you planning to be a foreign officer?

That's the eventual plan. I want to ride the scholarship train as long as I can, then grad school. What about you? 

I hope they come out this week so I know whether I should keep looking for jobs or not. I'm so tired of cover letters. 

That's the eventual plan. I want to ride the scholarship train as long as I can, then grad school. What about you? 

I hope they come out this week so I know whether I should keep looking for jobs or not. I'm so tired of cover letters. 

I want to work in the DOS as well, specifically in WHA/BSC. It's my area of expertise since I lived down there for a little bit. 

If I receive this scholarship, I will be taking an extra year in my undergrad. If not I will be graduating next year and applying to the Fulbright, then going to grad school and hopefully reapplying for the fellowship (instead of the scholarship). I'm hoping Plan A works out because I have yet to study abroad. I have interned and volunteered abroad (all were fully funded, which made it possible for me to travel outside of the country), but it would be nice to just simply study abroad. This summer I will be a U.S. ambassador in Milan during the world's fair, which is exciting! However, I really want to be in a classroom in order to gain a different perspective as a student. 

Accepted for the scholarship to China for the 2015-16 year!!! Got the email at 1:20pm today. Apologies for lurking and only just posting now, but better late than never, right?  :D Congratulations to the scholarship and fellowship recipients, and good luck to the applicants still waiting to hear back!

Hi everyone! I've been a lurker since I found this forum after submitting my application in January. Y'all made me stressed :P

Anyway, I was accepted to study Arabic in Jordan next fall on a Boren Scholarship! I originally wanted to get funding for my school's program in Morocco and then a separate program in Jordan in the fall, but they said they would only fund study in one country, so I'm only getting funded in the fall :/ But it's something! I can't even believe it. No one from my school has gotten one in like 10 years. My scholarship advisor was ecstatic. I already filled out the spreadsheet. Best of luck to everyone, and I'll see you in DC!!

I was not awarded a fellowship to study Zulu. I kind of feel like my life has been on hold for the past several months. Heart is a bit broken, but now I can get on with it.