comparative literature acceptance thread!

Did anyone else apply to Brown? I expect acceptances might be coming this week!

Expecting the same here...I'm dying to hear anything just to stop obsessively checking my inbox and the website. :blink:    

Also did anyone on this forum apply to Indiana? Was told that admission decision should be sent out by this Fri. 

And congrats to those who were accepted!!!  ^_^

Did anyone who got a call from NYU saying "it isn't official but..." (there are two posts on the results page) have the composure to ask when one would receive an official offer with funding info etc? 

I haven't heard anything from UPenn but it seems they usually notify later, in the end of Feb.

I've got only rejections so far, so I echo this. I was really in "maybe I'm just not good enough to even make it to the waitlist" sort of self-doubt. But hey, I don't even have time to dwell upon this thought since I recently moved to a new town, have another semester ahead, and also have a whole MA thesis to finish. I guess we just need to keep telling ourselves that the applications are just a tiny part of our lives, which will go on with or without acceptances (not to mention that you are already accepted to wonderful places :D)

I think the best thing to do is ask for feedback once the sting is gone and you feel comfortable. Even though it made me more anxious to hear what Berkeley's adcom had to say (mainly that who is ultimately chosen is not exactly random but is for reasons outside of my control), it was good to hear that there wasn't anything bad to say about my application. I should probably try to save up money and find more interdisciplinary programs to apply to the next time around (if there is a next time around) that aren't Rhetoric and MTL and hope I will fit into a niche for one of them.

I have an interview next week with U. of Alberta comp lit!!! It's one of my top choices!! I'm so nervous! Excited! Kind of shocked! AHH!

What amazing news! Congrats and good luck!!!

Appppplication I didn't apply to USC so unfortunately I don't know anything about their department

I have an interview next week with U. of Alberta comp lit!!! It's one of my top choices!! I'm so nervous! Excited! Kind of shocked! AHH! 

Is it in person/video or via phone? Anyways good luck! Be sure to look through the Interview thread in our forum when preparing---I know it helped me a lot. 

Seriously you guys, Comp Lit departments what is UP...crickets chirping in my inbox right now. 

I know. The silence is killing me! 

Is it in person/video or via phone? Anyways good luck! Be sure to look through the Interview thread in our forum when preparing---I know it helped me a lot. 

I'd definitely suggest this. I completely failed to prepare for mine with Rutgers and I bombed it :(

What amazing news! Congrats and good luck!!!

Thank you!!!!

Thanks, you! It will be via Skype. And I will check it out!  I am going to be prepping (in between speed grading sessions) all weekend. My thesis chair from my MA said he would help me develop a "game plan," and I'm reviewing all my materials and putting together some talking points. I WILL NOT BOTCH THIS DREAM! 

I'd definitely suggest this. I completely failed to prepare for mine with Rutgers and I bombed it :(

I'm so sorry to hear that, Katla! I've been there; it's rough. Although (and I know it's a cliché), but I'm sure you did much better than you feel. Was it for Rutgers comp lit?? Congrats on even getting an interview there! I applied, but have not heard anything! 

Good luck, everyone! This is my 2nd round of PhD applications, and it can be so disheartening. Hang in there! 

Congrats and good luck! It's good to see that we are active again in this thread  :D

Did anyone who got a call from NYU saying "it isn't official but..." (there are two posts on the results page) have the composure to ask when one would receive an official offer with funding info etc? 

I haven't heard anything from UPenn but it seems they usually notify later, in the end of Feb.

Re: Penn, from the history it looks like we should be hearing some time between like RIGHT NOW and early March... Blegh. It's really the only program I need to hear from before I make a final decision.

And congrats, Iwontbelyeveit! Best of luck on that interview!

rejected at USC complit. I thought it was late to get notified. I emailed the secretary and she was super sweet in letting me know.

oh well. 

Edit: Now there's one other USC complit rejection on the results board but still no admits. 

Edited by Appppplication

I saw the rejections from USC on the results page and my heart sunk thinking that it might be you.  What a sign of how intensely competitive these programs are with such highly qualified applicants not getting in.  I have been following your posts and was hoping to hear that you had good news.  I recently got accepted to a program that I am totally psyched about and I have felt about 24 hours of bliss, peace and relief.

Hey! congrats!  

Where did you get accepted at? It definitely is a huge relief to get accepted.

I was admitted to UC Riverside complit, and that program is a very good fit so I'm not too worried about USC. I'm still waiting on one more program (I bravely only applied to 3 programs).