Admitted/Rejected from UC Berkeley

Hey fellow applicants! I saw from previous years that some folks heard of their acceptances by the 5th of February- the latest report is for February 7. I also saw that folks who reported rejections did so between February 5-7.

And it also appears that a fellow applicant called the admissions office and was told that results would be sent out mid-February. That doesn't match up with the one reported acceptance from this year.

http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=berkeley+journalism

Just found this in the admission thread:

Guys, Not because we have not been notified about our admission does not mean that other haven't. Even though the tend to reject students the same day, acceptance are notified sporadically. Typically, applicants with strong background and application tend to be notified earlier. So I think, the school is already accepting students. Those who have not been notified yet still stand by. By mid Feb, those who never received an admission phone call, are the one who are going to be rejected by mail with an already designed template.

Edited by juanc5224

Hello, My name is Juan Antonio Martinez. I'm new to this. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am currently a second-year student at the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism. I am also a GSR (Graduate Student Researcher) for the Dean of Admissions. If anyone has any questions, please let me know. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Hi  Juan Antonio Martinez, I was curious as to when decisions are sent out. Are they done by email or phone, and if you are rejected when does that notification come out.

Thanks for the help!