Rejection after a really positive interview?

fellowdroog

Has anybody here ever been rejected after a really positive interview?

I had an interview over skype with just my POI and at the end, he said, "I will make sure my colleagues and I consider you very seriously. You have been very easy to talk to and I have enjoyed this conversation." He also recommended that I contact some of his grad students. 

I also emailed the graduate committee (I had an interview with them a day earlier) with a question I had about the program/thanking them for the interview and after they answered my question they said "we really enjoyed speaking with you the other day."

I am just freaking out because this school is my top choice and I haven't heard from any other schools (many of those other schools have had interviews/acceptances on the results page). I feel like they are trying to tell me something, but at the same time I don't want to read into it too much! Tell me about your post-interview experiences!

They told you they are considering you very seriously and that they enjoyed speaking with you.

Just let the process play out, you did your followup email thanking them so there is little else you can do right now.