NPSIA 2015 Fall Applicants

myfirstgoose

When did you hear from Ottawa? And when did you submit your final application?

Also, for anyone still waiting, my status on Carleton Central finally switched to "Recommended for Assessment."

I heard from Ottawa first on Tuesday, then my official offer yesterday, the 25th.  I submitted my final for both Ottawa and Carleton back in January, but had to email Tabitha my preference form again due to a technical issue last week, which is why I think i haven't switched to Recommended for Assessment yet.

I heard from Ottawa first on Tuesday, then my official offer yesterday, the 25th.  I submitted my final for both Ottawa and Carleton back in January, but had to email Tabitha my preference form again due to a technical issue last week, which is why I think i haven't switched to Recommended for Assessment yet.

Congratulations! You heard back really early. Now I'm even more nervous.  :unsure:

Hi everyone! My status has also changed to Recommended for Assessment. Does anyone know what that means specifically? Does it mean you made the GPA requirements? My first choice is Intelligence and National Security, which seems to be a popular pick this year!

Hi everyone! My status has also changed to Recommended for Assessment. Does anyone know what that means specifically? Does it mean you made the GPA requirements? My first choice is Intelligence and National Security, which seems to be a popular pick this year!

Here is a link with the descriptions of what the different status' mean. http://graduate.carleton.ca/apply-online/application-status/

In 2013, first round acceptances seemed to go out on the 3rd Monday (March 18th). However, it was also published online during the 2013 application process that "The assessment of completed applications for the forthcoming academic year will begin after March 15", whereas it's February 15th this year.

I guess we will find out on Monday!

I'm hoping the unofficial emails are sent out on Monday! Ahh, so nerve-wracking! 

Good luck, everyone. I will definitely check here for updates if I don't hear anything.

Monday's are always the worst for waiting because the university, the academic departments, and all the student governments send out their newsletters and updates. I have received three emails so far today and every time I had a mini heart attack! 

Haven't heard anything today, nor did any other of my friends who've applied. Has anyone been in touch with the department to see when, roughly, they'd be getting in touch?

Hi everyone!!

My application just changed from "review in progress by department" to "recommended for assessment" I'm so thrilled! :rolleyes:

Let's hope the good news keep coming for all of us :D

PS: I also applied to UOttawa's GSPIA, but haven't heard from them. Do you know if there's any GSPIA-related thread in this forum?