NPSIA 2015 Fall Applicants

myfirstgoose

Yay! I'm so glad to meet someone else on here who is applying to NPSIA. My status also changed today but it changed from 'preliminary review required' to 'review in progress by department.' 

What cluster did you apply to? :)

Yes, I am assuming that mid-March is when they will send out the first round of acceptances. Applicants heard back on March 10th last year. Hopefully we will hear back in early March as well!

I applied to 1) Conflict, 2) Intelligence and National Security, and 3) Global Organizations.

Hi everyone,

I also applied to NPSIA for this fall. I applied for the clusters of 1) Conflict 2) International Development and 3) Global Public Policy. My status is still "preliminary review required," but I have been checking every day!

Hi everyone,

I also applied to NPSIA for this fall. I applied for the clusters of 1) Conflict 2) International Development and 3) Global Public Policy. My status is still "preliminary review required," but I have been checking every day!

My status changed yesterday after three weeks of nothing, so don't worry! I think it might have to do with when we submitted our application (unless you submitted really early, my final submission was January 26th).

Hey everyone,

I also applied and am anxiously waiting, my choices are Intelligence and National Security, Policy, and then Conflict.
On the website it said that application reviews would begin February 15th, so I believe everything is just getting started.

Has anyone's status not changed yet?? Mine is still stuck at Preliminary Review Required.  :wacko:

My cluster choices are (1) International Organizations and Global Public Policy, (2) International Development Policy, (3) Intelligence and National Security.

I know it's only about two or three weeks that we have to wait till we hear if we are accepted, but it still feels like it is dragging on to me! I have only been waiting for two years to go to NPSIA! I also applied to Simon Fraser for the International Studies MA, Balsillie, and Ottawa's MA in Globalization and International Development. NPSIA is my first choice though.

Like myfirstgoose said, I too read on a lot of the past forums that Carleton Central can sometimes have errors. 

I know it's only about two or three weeks that we have to wait till we hear if we are accepted, but it still feels like it is dragging on to me! I have only been waiting for two years to go to NPSIA! I also applied to Simon Fraser for the International Studies MA, Balsillie, and Ottawa's MA in Globalization and International Development. NPSIA is my first choice though.

Like myfirstgoose said, I too read on a lot of the past forums that Carleton Central can sometimes have errors. 

I'm the same way. The days are so long and I constantly check Carleton Central even though I know we won't hear until mid March. 

Someone on the results page got accepted to uOttawa on February 27th of last year, though. February 27th is next week so I'm starting to go crazy.

thanks OP for creating this thread!
my application has been "Recommended for Assessment" since around the same time as everyone else.

Btw, does anyone here know anything about the Political Science MA at Carleton? in my fear of not getting into any IR program, i also applied to poli sci (concentration in IR) and got in. anyone know if poli sci grad students can enroll in some npsia classes?

Applied to Munk and Balsillie too! Still waiting on that one as well. The wait is nerve wracking! My Carleton MA in Political Science is in "recommended for assessment" mode. Not sure how good the program is as I also applied just in case nothing else works.

Edited by IRbuff

For those of you who are interested in having a separate forum for the Munk School of Global Affairs' Fall 2015 MGA applications, feel free to also post in this forum: 

This is also in case people want to keep this forum exclusively for NPSIA related discussions. Sorry if this post goes too far outside the bounds of NPSIA related discourse. Good luck everyone!!

I was accepted to Simon Fraser's MA in International Studies yesterday with a pretty good funding offer, the only issue is they are only giving me 7 days to decide. Should I call NPSIA on Friday (assuming I will not have heard anything by then) and ask them what my status is? It's a bit strange how Simon Fraser is giving me such a short amount of time to decide. Does anyone have any advice for me? Carleton is my #1 choice by far!

I was accepted to Simon Fraser's MA in International Studies yesterday with a pretty good funding offer, the only issue is they are only giving me 7 days to decide. Should I call NPSIA on Friday (assuming I will not have heard anything by then) and ask them what my status is? It's a bit strange how Simon Fraser is giving me such a short amount of time to decide. Does anyone have any advice for me? Carleton is my #1 choice by far!

7 days? That's brutal! I would call and explain the situation. There is a high chance that they won't have a decision for you, but it's definitely worth a shot. Does SFU have a deposit you have to pay right away? You can always back out once you hear from NPSIA, but it would suck if you had to pay a deposit fee beforehand! 

7 days? That's brutal! I would call and explain the situation. There is a high chance that they won't have a decision for you, but it's definitely worth a shot. Does SFU have a deposit you have to pay right away? You can always back out once you hear from NPSIA, but it would suck if you had to pay a deposit fee beforehand! 

Yeah they have a deposit, it's $250 which I am not too concerned about. I was considering doing that too, maybe accepting that and backing out if I was offered something better from a school I want to attend over SFU. Does any one know if that happens often/is a normal thing to do? 

I have somewhat of the same issue, having already been accepted to uOttawa's GSPIA.  Fingers crossed I hear from NPSIA during the first round so i decide by GSPIA's March 23rd deadline.

When did you hear from Ottawa? And when did you submit your final application?

Also, for anyone still waiting, my status on Carleton Central finally switched to "Recommended for Assessment."