NPSIA 2015 Fall Applicants

myfirstgoose

Application on hold, really sad. 

Oh no, that's terrible news. I'm so sorry. Perhaps there will be some better news later in the month? Always a chance?

How did you hear back? Did you receive an email update?

Oh no, that's terrible news. I'm so sorry. Perhaps there will be some better news later in the month? Always a chance?

How did you hear back? Did you receive an email update?

Thank you @loremipsum1... I had an update via e-mail from Tabbatha! I have absolutely no idea if there is still a chance, I'm so disappointed! My GPA isn't so high but I have relevant experiences and associative implication. I heard that the admission process was particularly tough for international applicant. Well, we'll see. I've been put on the hold in U of T as well... Bad year for me! 

Thank you @loremipsum1... I had an update via e-mail from Tabbatha! I have absolutely no idea if there is still a chance, I'm so disappointed! My GPA isn't so high but I have relevant experiences and associative implication. I heard that the admission process was particularly tough for international applicant. Well, we'll see. I've been put on the hold in U of T as well... Bad year for me! 

I am on hold as well. Don't lose hope! We have to think positively. :)

What cluster did you apply to?

In order of preference : 

- Conflict Analysis and Conflict Resolution (CON)

- IDP (International Development Policy)

- IOGP (International organization and public policy)

And if would have been admitted, I'd have applied to the African Studies specialization. 

How about you?

I know this isn't the thread for this, but I'm just wondering if any of the NSPIA applicants also applied to the MA in Public Administration at UOttawa. I haven't heard anything yet, and the Academic Unit Coordinate is really unhelpful. 

I know this isn't the thread for this, but I'm just wondering if any of the NSPIA applicants also applied to the MA in Public Administration at UOttawa. I haven't heard anything yet, and the Academic Unit Coordinate is really unhelpful. 

I got into Public Admin at uOttawa a few weeks ago. It was my second choice to GSPIA and I will be turning down the offer.

In order of preference : 

- Conflict Analysis and Conflict Resolution (CON)

- IDP (International Development Policy)

- IOGP (International organization and public policy)

And if would have been admitted, I'd have applied to the African Studies specialization. 

How about you?

I applied to 1) Conflict, 2) Intelligence, and 3) Global Organizations.

Received my official offer today, with some funding!  I had already accepted GSPIA's similar offer with funding, so will now have to back my way out of that one.  Nonetheless, excited!

Congratulations! Were you admitted off the waitlist or did you just receive a late official acceptance package? :)

My application status changed today to 'Recommended for Assessment,' did anyone else's change??

Mine had been 'recommended for assessment' since February. :( I wish mine would change!

Congratulations! Were you admitted off the waitlist or did you just receive a late official acceptance package? :)

I'm not sure.  I had emailed Tabbatha a while back to inquire about my status, and she sent me the unofficial acceptance on Friday.  Got the FGPA offer yesterday.

I'm not sure.  I had emailed Tabbatha a while back to inquire about my status, and she sent me the unofficial acceptance on Friday.  Got the FGPA offer yesterday.

Sounds like you got admitted off the waitlist! That is so exciting. Congratulations. I hope I get good news soon! :)

Hello everyone, Just discovered this site and thought I'd share as well. I was accepted to NPSIA MA (Conflict) about two weeks ago, I'm waitlisted at Munk School but accepted Carleton's offer since they offered good funding. I actually completed my undergrad at Carleton as well a year ago (political science and journalism) so feel free to message me if you have any questions about Carleton or living in Ottawa. Very excited for the fall!

My status changed to Recommended for Assessment last week too. Hoping for good news but it looks like the consensus around here is that it doesn't mean anything. Dang.  :unsure: What's everyone's second choice? GSPIA or Munk? 

theres so many good schools out there that it's hard to say what could be a good "second choice" to NPSIA. i think it would mostly depend on what each student's personal interests are. personally, im giving serious consideration to Balsillie right now. They offer the best funding packages, give great fellowships to a lot of students, have good connections for research internships/placements, and have some guaranteed spots for a UN internship. The crappy connections to government sector turn me off though. 

Completely forgot about Balsillie. It's a shame I only heard about the school after the application deadline had passed. I'm curious to know if anyone here applied to UBC's Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs. It's brand new and its got that Asia-Pacific focus. 

I got into Public Admin at uOttawa a few weeks ago. It was my second choice to GSPIA and I will be turning down the offer.

Congrats! By what date do you have to get back to them? 

Did anyone on the waitlist NOT have their status change to Recommended for Assessment last week?

I'm on the waitlist and had my status changed back in late February. I then received an email on March 13 stating that they would get "in touch in April (likely mid- to late) with an update on your application."

Hmm.... I'm wondering if everyone on the waitlist whose status did not change in February had their status change last week, or if there are applicants on the waitlist whose status still hasn't changed from 'Review in progress by department'?  

I received my rejection email this morning.  I suspect the waitlist was ranked-- with those whose status changed back in February likely to be admitted, and those whose status changed last week perhaps less fortunate.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting, and to everyone admitted-- have a lovely year! 

Hey everyone.

I emailed Tabbatha a couple days ago requesting an update. She just got back to me today and I got good news!! I have been taken off the waitlist and I have been offered admission! :)

I hope you all get good news soon. Good luck! 

PS: If you are wanting an update, I suggest telling Tabbatha you have deadlines for other offers coming up. I told her my deadlines are this week and she asked the committee to rush the decision. 

Hey everyone.

I emailed Tabbatha a couple days ago requesting an update. She just got back to me today and I got good news!! I have been taken off the waitlist and I have been offered admission! :)

I hope you all get good news soon. Good luck! 

PS: If you are wanting an update, I suggest telling Tabbatha you have deadlines for other offers coming up. I told her my deadlines are this week and she asked the committee to rush the decision. 

That's terrific news, congratulations!

To all of you who are still on the waiting list, don't give up hope, it sounds like the last round of admissions is going out!

For those who have been accepted at NPSIA for Fall 2015, I've started a thread in the Meet 'n Greet at introductions and such.

Best to all!