does a w look bad on your transcript ?

Stick with the course. It will benefit you. Too many W's indicates a lack of commitment. One or two is normal. You want your strongest academic performance to be shown in your final coursework. Dropping a class because you don't "need" it isn't really a reason, in my book. You can always learn something.

Well, I wound up putting on a heavy plate since I decided to volunteer in two different places and work part time. So it became overwhelming, I guess I should've explained my case better. But thank you for you're input.

My Ws occurred so long ago, that I doubt they will count against me now. But five years back, in a job interview, I was asked about them. I had a reason for them (there were three in a row for three different semesters, same class). I explained my reason (pregnancy with a rough 1st trimester, then returning to school too soon after my baby was born). It helped that I had taken the course later on and received an A, I suppose, but if you do think this class is taking away from others a W might not be so bad. I would ask your advisor and also maybe call the schools you are planning to apply to and ask them as well.

Oh, and I got the job. Even before I had graduated and received my license to practice.