Ryerson University 2015

blaine241

Hey everyone!

I'll be at Ryerson this fall for the Urban Development/Planning program (Masters). 

I'm a Toronto native (and I actually live pretty close to the uni right now), so I can answer any questions you may have about coming to Toronto! I did my undergrad at York in Environmental Studies. 

Who will be joining us at Ryerson this fall? Excited to meet everyone :)

Hi!

I have been accepted to the MA in Early Childhood Studies.  I think it's a pretty small program, but if there's anyone else on here that is attending feel free to message me! Would love to meet some other incoming students ahead of the program beginning. :)

I'm originally from Trent (for both undergrad & developmental psych MA that I'm finishing now). 

Thanks for starting the topic blaine241!   Any areas around Ryerson that you recommend for renting apartments/condos? Areas to avoid?

Does anyone know how the fellowships work?  If we end up recieving OGS do we have to give up the fellowship or are we allowed to hold both?

Similar question re: TA positions- at Trent we were guaranteed one as part of our funding, but that seems to be different at Ryerson.

Hi!

I have been accepted to the MA in Early Childhood Studies.  I think it's a pretty small program, but if there's anyone else on here that is attending feel free to message me! Would love to meet some other incoming students ahead of the program beginning. :)

I'm originally from Trent (for both undergrad & developmental psych MA that I'm finishing now). 

Thanks for starting the topic blaine241!   Any areas around Ryerson that you recommend for renting apartments/condos? Areas to avoid?

Does anyone know how the fellowships work?  If we end up recieving OGS do we have to give up the fellowship or are we allowed to hold both?

Similar question re: TA positions- at Trent we were guaranteed one as part of our funding, but that seems to be different at Ryerson.

Hi amyboo91! As for funding, I'm not sure. I'm in the same situation. I'm still waiting for my official documentation regarding the fellowship I was offered. I have, however, received the official acceptance letter. I'll update if I find out!

And for places to rent--it really depends. Toronto is overall pretty safe, but there are some areas on the east side of downtown that have high rates of homelessness, drug addicts, and muggings. This would be places like Sherbourne/Queen or around Moss Park. If you go west, you can get into areas that cater to both U of T and Ryerson students. The Annex is a beautiful neighbourhood, very student friendly (but not nearly all students, plenty of young families and older residents), and very cheap with a wide variety of places to get food and drinks. You will be paying a decent amount, though. 

Right now I'm at College/Spadina and I'm looking to move more north/west to get more value for my money. I'll be biking to campus either way. 

You'll want to take a look at the TTC lines before making any sort of decision. subway>streetcar, always. Ryerson can be accessed by Dundas and College stations. 

Hi amyboo91! As for funding, I'm not sure. I'm in the same situation. I'm still waiting for my official documentation regarding the fellowship I was offered. I have, however, received the official acceptance letter. I'll update if I find out!

And for places to rent--it really depends. Toronto is overall pretty safe, but there are some areas on the east side of downtown that have high rates of homelessness, drug addicts, and muggings. This would be places like Sherbourne/Queen or around Moss Park. If you go west, you can get into areas that cater to both U of T and Ryerson students. The Annex is a beautiful neighbourhood, very student friendly (but not nearly all students, plenty of young families and older residents), and very cheap with a wide variety of places to get food and drinks. You will be paying a decent amount, though. 

Right now I'm at College/Spadina and I'm looking to move more north/west to get more value for my money. I'll be biking to campus either way. 

You'll want to take a look at the TTC lines before making any sort of decision. subway>streetcar, always. Ryerson can be accessed by Dundas and College stations. 

Awesome- thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind when I'm searching.

If anyone is still wondering- you can't hold external scholarships with the fellowship, although they may top up.  Not surprised, but I was hopeful anyways... :P