Anyone else waiting for funding decisions?

bbdd2

Ok I've been notified unofficially by the program coordinator that I've been recommended for admission by the graduate committee following a Skype interview.

However, the official letter would not be available until funding decisions have been made.

Any one else in this situation? Another round of waiting.... :(

Same here, accepted but no word on funding. 

Side-note: To the poster above, I got accepted to NEU as well; kind of excited/nervous about visit days next week. Also, I'm currently an EE undergrad at UW Seattle, congrats on the acceptance!

Thanks =)) Congrats you too! =)
I guess it's still snow in Boston. I decided to come to UW visit days, kind of nervous too. Do u like to study at UW?

Edited by Robo_Lizard

I've been accepted to two programs so far and I haven't received funding information from either of them. So yes, I'm in the same boat! I sent an email to one of the schools asking about it but I didn't receive a response...

Hi All,

I'm in the same position (accepted for PhD at University of Toronto). Is it appropriate to ask them directly when I can expect notification?

Thanks!

Asking directly at this time may seem forward.

I would certainly wait till mid march before i send a carefully worded letter about when to expect funding decisions.

Both programs I've been accepted to so far told me ahead of time that I was accepted and would be fully funded, but that they couldn't send an official funding letter until the official faculty vote on funding happened. (It was about a week for one school, two weeks for the other.) Hopefully this information is helpful.

Aside from completing my applications by the deadlines, the part of this whole process that is giving me the most anxiety is waiting for word on funding. Just the other day, I received an email from a POI who was very upfront about the funding situation at his university and he told me that it was unlikely I would receive any financial support. Then, just a few hours ago, he sent me this email:

Informally (this email has absolutely no binding force!) I hear that you may indeed be in line to be offered a first semester fellowship.  Stay tuned, and I hope you will hear something formal to this effect.

Voice one: *HAPPY DANCE!!!* 'Time to break out the good Scotch!'

Voice two: 'Calm down. Don't get ahead of yourself.'

Voice one: "But funding!!"

Voice two: 'Nothing is guaranteed. Like he said, wait til you hear something formal.'

Voice one: *sigh* 'Fine.' 

After a brief intermission, it looks like I'm back to waiting. 

This is definitely my position - I have no idea about the timing of the funding decisions and keep monitoring my program's thread to see if any of the other acceptees have received a funding offer yet. And on top of that I'm also waiting on the results of an external stipend (hopefully hearing back on that within the month, OMG).

It has the bizarre effect of making me look forward to weekdays (might hear back about funding!) and get slightly depressed when the weekend comes (two more days without news!).

Ok I've been notified unofficially by the program coordinator that I've been recommended for admission by the graduate committee following a Skype interview.

However, the official letter would not be available until funding decisions have been made.

Any one else in this situation? Another round of waiting.... :(

I've been in the same boat for about two months... absolutely agonizing.

I finally got word last night about $$$ and it has really only complicated things!

ugh this wait for funding! It's been over a week-and-a-half. still haven't received the official package.

Mines been three weeks

Its absolutely agonizing.

I got a letter from one of my funding-still-pending schools.

The letter consisted of a confirmation of my acceptance, assurance that they could provide a stipend "for the first year" (that's it!), and their condolences that they cannot afford to pay out-of-state tuition so out-of-state students would have to PAY for the first year of tuition themselves, until residency is established in the second year. 

there goes that. 

Edited by grad_wannabe

Im curious....why do some programs know already about funding, whereas some programs within the same university do not?

Mostly budget related

Mines been three weeks

Its absolutely agonizing.

I'm pushing 7 weeks waiting for word on funding :( 

I did get an update about a week ago that things were trending in the positive direction, but no funding as of yet. The admissions chair has to find positions in other departments and outside scholarships to fund me because our department is poorly funded.