LinguistList

antecedent

Has anyone here every applied for or been accepted to the LinguistList summer internship? I haven't heard much about it, but it sounds like a good opportunity to get experience in a different department over the summer between the first and second years of my PhD. The internship page says grad students can apply but the "Get Involved" page doesn't so I'm not even sure if I'm eligible. In any case, I'd be happy for any information, anecdotal or otherwise!

Edited by antecedent

Never done it, and don't know anyone who has, but it's an interesting idea. The webpage works just fine for me. Check out this page: http://linguistlist.org/internship/browse/intern-browse-announceProcess.cfm?id=36008838

I'm guessing you're eligible: "The LINGUIST List offers summer internships in 2015 for undergraduate and graduate students, even for senior highschool students. If you are interested in working with The LINGUIST List over the summer, consider applying for our summer internship program" -- but if you're an international student, I'd advise talking to your International Students Office to make sure you're not breaking any law. 

The LL just moved from Michigan to Indiana over the summer so I bet no one has fully relevant information about interning at IU, but still I'm curious to know if anyone has done this before.

Do you think the LinguistList summer internship is a good way to make myself more qualified in order to apply for a PhD Proram next year?

Thanks 

Has anyone here every applied for or been accepted to the LinguistList summer internship?

I applied two years ago, but after some weeks they contacted all applicants saying that they coulnd't offer the internship program that year because they were still relocating to IU. I am planning to apply again this year.